Thank you, OpenDayZ and all it's members!

Chris Atkins

Valued Member!
I wanted to take this moment to thank the OpenDayZ community and all the members. In a couple weeks I'll be leaving the ArmA II: DayZ community.

It's been a fun year. I haven't been a tenured member for real long, but I have grown to really like this place. LOTS of learning from this forum. This place has provided me with knowledge I didn't have before joining. I've learned how to read code (although I still can't write it :eek:), troubleshoot code, and understand the importance of being able to pay attention to detail during this process of modifying code and adding premade scripts. In the last few months I've been able to put together my own private server build (along with my own private test server w/ database) for Overwatch and it has been flawless, all of which would not have been possible without this forum (I take great pride in a stable, well built set of server/client files).

One of my favorite things about OpenDayZ, is that originally, before money and greed took over, there were so many members willing to help and share knowledge. Many still do. For that, I thank all of you that fit the bill. For all of you that help, that contribute, and share, without asking for anything in return, no money, no "donations", and no selling, I appreciate you all. You are all that is right with this forum and the basis of what makes OpenDayZ, OpenDayZ.

And to for all the users that try and sell (yes, asking for donations is the politically incorrect term for "selling" in this forum and others) their work, time, addons, you are all that is wrong with what DayZ has become. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. You're not special. You're not unique. You are unethical and immoral. OpenDayZ is not the place for you.

So without further adieu, this is my two-week notice. I may still lurk at times to see what's shaking around here, but my involvement will be very close to non-existent.

To all the forum staff, thank you guys for all your awesome work and putting up with my insane outbursts against those I feel are unworthy of using this forum (I'm sure you know the types I'm referring to). Without you guys, this place would not be the home for all things DayZ.

*drops mic and walks off stage*

Last edited:
Back