The HARDCORE view

Would you play on a server which limits the 3rd person view?

• No I wouldn't

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Had DayZ originally forced players to view the world from the 1st person only perhaps either the game would not have been so popular or that we would've accepted the limitation and relished the immersive experience even more? (There would surely be a MOD enabling 3rd person)

The fact that it is unpopular to limit players to 1st person only. Particularly regarding vehicles: they have improved armour, weapons and maneuverability compared to feet and with the 3rd person perspective, superior vision. I firmly believe that there should be some disadvantages to vehicle occupants.

If there were no 3rd person views then the game-play changes somewhat. Smashed windscreens would have to be repaired to prevent inevitable collisions with unseen obstacles, making assaulting the windows of a hostile vehicle a viable option. Those on foot could lay low until vehicles pass and ambushes could become more common.

I've tried instigating the 3rd person limit MOD to great effect but it does makes ones server unpopular. I think this is s shame as it gives too much power to those whom use vehicles.

I cant shed to much light on this but there is a script that limits third person view so people cant "look around corners" if you know what i mean by just standing behind a wall u can go to third person and simply look over it to see if anyone is actually there but at the same time the script doesnt completely turn off 3rd person it allows you to walk around and stuff so id check it out

http://opendayz.net/threads/seaweeds-no-third-person-whoring.18940/

Aye - I looked at this MOD (No Third Person Whoring by seaweeduk) but didn't install it as some bases are elevated, and I believe it restricts prone actions if above more than a few metres. Does it affect deer stands?

Easy 3rd person limit This MOD from mosesuk limits the 3rd person. It can be configured to restricted specific vehicles too, via their class.

Last edited:
Back