The 'What would you like to see' thread?

shinkicker

Administrator
Staff member
This thread is for anyone to make suggestions on features they would like to see in game. Anything which is achievable within the arma engine and inline with the games ethos / setting will highly likely make it into the game.

1. zed dogs
2. woman zeds , i know it's hard but this is my list :D
3. disconnect message to report quitters (i will release this soon ;) )
4. bulding broken and rusty like vehicles
5. spawn zeds in forest/roads like namaskl
6. respawn items every 2 hours not only on server restart/reset
7. make a ranking system, taviana.eu make this with different levels of hero/bandits
8. make award system: a weapo for the survivor/hero that kill the most wanted bandit (that hodl the lowest humanity)
9. base building with wrecks

EDIT:
10. make zeds dangerous (more radios spawn, run faster than the player) and not a litle pupet to run and hide easy.

with that we have to entertain our monky developers for a while :p

Hey Shinkicker,I was thinking of a new health system and so tell me what you think.I feel that the 2017 mod should be even more about survival and less PVP able than the original.I understand the original concept though and many or rather most people will like to play that type of game.But as you said when you started 2017,it is geared more for the smaller bunch who want a much harder experience.Just an idea here and while I do not think you will agree I just put out there.

So to begin I will list the changes that would need to be implemented.Think of the blood icon that slowly lowers till death.If the player is very efficient in survival then they can survive but will not be constantly running around at full health instead struggling to keep the blood icon in middle ground.I think that being near death is what Dayz needs and the slow lowering of the blood icon is key.

First is to make animals much more rare than you think can possibly sustain the server.Bring rabbits down to default Dayz as they are a bit hard to kill and should be your main food source.Make boars spawn less,sheep even less and cows very rare.

Make food and liquid time to death at 4 hours each.Both blinking and its 2 hours.

Change the game temp so that its always cold.When player starts shivering it also causes death in 4 hours.I think shivering should only happen though when your out in rain.This way your not constantly tied to a camp fire warming up.

Another slow blood lowering thorn in the side is when you get sick.Once again add in the 4 hours till death until you take antibiotics or 8 real time hours passes and you overcome the sickness.

Finally change "getting shot/being hit by infected" from taking away blood till you die to instead just causing bleeding.I am pretty sure that the game can dictate the amount of bleeding dependent on damage so the larger weapons like the Enfield will have you bleed out rather fast compared to a Makarov.Headshots are still one shot kills as always.

This is just an idea so maybe people can expand on it.......or maybe just let it die!!!;)

wolfstrike, I love you man, but dam you're a sadist :)

Maybe I need to get you into the code so you can start tinkering and testing things out. Do you know how to get a local dev enviroment set up?

like the idea with more zombiespawn !
same like other zombies Woman Dogs !
but pls no zed's only killed by headshot.
more of your custom vehicles :D

Though I have no idea what local dev enviroment is I did mod my Stalker game alot.But it was superbly easy to mod in Stalker.....open up txt files and just change stuff.As for testing this out LOL I am sorta doing that right now.Only catching rabbits to sustain myself is a bitch and I chased one for 15 minutes.:eek::D

The problems with 2017 atm are the lack of variety of weapons , there are pritty much 4 guns excluding the crossbow ( Which is useless).

The other problem is no reason to go north. Making places like starry , NW airfield pritty much no-go areas because theres no loot there, which is stupid cause theyre pritty good PVP areas and it takes away from the survival feel , cause if you want to interact with other players ( Kill them or w/e ) you have to go to the coast which is a deathmatch and you dont get too use or play in the other half of the map cause theres no point going cause theres going to be no-one there because they know they can get all the loot they want at the coast, which makes vehicles useless which is also a major part of the endgame)

There needs to be military loot just lots rarer like e.g ak74, Sa VZ 58 ( Which is in Arrowhead just not dayz usually- same damage as AKM 30 shot) AKM - 0.5% chance and its rusty

the most advanced weapons you should be able to get is a kobra sight ak or a CZ550 (which can have a rusty lens making sniping harder and you can only find ammo with the actual gun excluding shotgun ammo which can be found in barns often, which is a really good feature in dayz+).
Here are some more Weapon ideas
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18276 (More Shotguns better)
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12338
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6834 ( does same damage as lee enfield but with 5 round clip can be found in barns , more common than lee enfield , lee enfield is very rare barn loot , alongside CZ550, does same damage as lee enfield. )
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7593 ( Maybe a retextured one of this , something like a few basic sheets of metal tied together can make a shield which can stop bullets, the stop bullet script is included :D)
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6832 ( Maybe make this very rare public loot or military loot)

I think the key thing in this mod is too make weapons really rare so when you find one its a very enjoyable experience , and i think the big travel north needs to be made worthwhile to populate the rest of the map and not just make the coast a deathmatch.

Maybe you can add hazardous areas ( Like miltary loot areas) where you need to find a HAZMAT suits which are very hard too find to enter and get all the rare loot or risk getting infected and take continuous blood loss without a HAZMAT suit on in the area.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?143892-Hazmat-Units-(OA

Just a few ideas :D thanks for the work shinkicker its an awesome mod with a lot of potential

2022? The same type of in fighting and warlord actions that cost us the military gear has now cost us most weapons that can not be crafted ourselves. Most manufactured gear is now gone.

I would like to see:

1. Animal spawns left as they are.
2. Uncooked meat turns into spoiled meat within 12 game hours.
3. Cooked meat turns into spoiled meat within four days or a week.
4. Canned meat is made even more rare but does not spoil.
5. Farm-able chems to cure meat and make it jerky that will last a long time.
6. No rifles
7. Custom, survivor made, pistols, hand crossbows (zip gun) and crossbows (w/2017 skins)
8. Bolo reusable tool that is used to bring temporary an animal down until you can gut it.
9. Crafting of weapons, essential rare ingredient but upkeep repair part (crossbow string) is a little common.
10. Stash bags. Sort common-ish bags that you stash instead of tents ( tents made more rare). 4 and 8 slot bags. Low profile, lumpy, grayish green. Large ones hold more but are easier to see. Not really waterproof so items inside start to go away if not checked in on (7 days and then 1 item a day, random count as to when) and the bag itself will go away eventually if ignored 1 month.
11. 1 tank per server if any, fuel economy so bad that you more or less either use all storage for Jerry cans or use it as a slightly mobile camp.
12. Supply drops, even if just residential loot.
13. Crash sights that you will get either the rare parts to make pistols, the powder from bad rounds to make ammo or, with a "win the lottery type chance", .000001% military loot spawn.
14. Hobo camo: planes, urban and woods camo that you have to set to your current environment (Mouse wheel skin switch) but works on people and zombies (-1 visibility against zombies)
15. Soft soles shoes: extra rare, -1 noise on hard surfaces ( no more high heels for the survivors)
16. Snare (instead of bear trap?) player set item that has a common chance to spawn one meat. If left too long the meat will be bad when found. Anyone can loot or take it, hard to see.
17. Some type of playable screen. Think sticks and leaves camo wall. Placeable item that can be removed but not reused. Gathered with axe at bush and takes up two slots. (replaces sand bag wall? Change skin add axe use, or chang entrenching tool to a kit for this, change Sandbag icon to bundle kit icon, have it disappear within a week or grow brown.
18. New messed up building skins and rougher roads.
19. all non entry buildings replaced with ruins.
20. Less detailed map, common. Mil map more rare.

MattyZ BagginsDada, great stuff. Its a little manic trying to get the new build out, but will give all of these points serious consideration.

I would like to see less ammunition laying around. Pulled off like 100 kills today in less then 3 hours. Never actually ran out of ammo but once. While zombies do swarm you and make you waste a lot of ammo if you get cornered, the common Winchester and Lee Enfield have plenty of ammunition around the big towns.

I actually don't like the military weapons idea... maybe a CZ, but... if it happens, ammo should be single bullets, not clips. In fact, I think all rifle ammo should be single bullets. Originally, I thought that the ability to combine single ammo into a clip - like M24 ammo combining into DMR mags - would be good, but, after thinking on it more, I don't think it's a good idea - if you don't want to reload after every shot, use a pistol.

In order to get people to go north, I'd make the Enfield and Winchester exclusive to the hangars at the airfields - NW and NE. And, if you add the CZ in, make it exclusive to deerstands and make it very, very rare (like, antibiotics in early DayZ rare). With increased infection, perhaps make antibiotics exlusive to the medical tents rather than in hospitals. This will get people going to Stary and Bere more often. In fact, since the hospitals along the coast would've been overly used as a resource for the 5 years, it would make sense to have the hospitals limited to painkillers, morphine and bandages. Make bloodbags, antibiotics and epis only available at medical tents. These are ways to get people away from the coast without resorting to the inclusion of military weapons and keeping it in line with the 5 years on resource shortage concept.

And, speaking of the crossbow, is there a way to add a better sight to the crossbow? I was using it for about 6 hours on a server with crosshairs enabled and it rocked! It's the sights that make it useless. It's the 2017 version of the M9-SD... and, most of the time, you can get your bolt back... sometimes they disappear into zeds. It would also be good if the effective range was about 45m - 50m, instead of 30m. I read that a compound crossbow can realistically have that kind of range.

Another thing that always made me go "What?" was perhaps the fact I could find more rifles then pistols in residential areas. What I'd love to see is residential areas being more handarm (pistol) based and things like barns, farms, deer stands and the kind being the ones more rifle specific.

1. Add CZ550 in, but rare.
2. Reduce ammo especially for winchester & enfield
3. Keep pistol ammo more common as is
4. Reduce animal spawn rates, too easy to find food right now

That's all I've got for now, keep up the good work!

Edit:
I agree with what Matt said above, there definitely needs to be incentive to go north. Maybe more vehicle spawns up there? Or a few higher value weapon spawns.
And also with what wolfstrike said about the rain, would love it if when a storm comes shelter actually became your no. 1 priority.

After playing more:
- Industrial loot is way to easy to find, once you find a vehicle there's no problem with keeping it up and running. So many tyres, engine parts, jerry cans etc
- Weapons are waay to common, and as before ammo especially.
- Love how rare food is, found one can of beans so far and it feels precious
- Animal spawn rate definitely needs a decrease (as mention previously)
- Survival equipment (especially matches) loot should be decreased a bit?
- Crowbars are everywhere!

Loving it though, refreshing change to vanilla dayz. More popular than our other 4 servers combined.

Don't know if this is a possible add to the game, but could be a good add to realism.

- add a sort of stamina that decrease when running and doesn't let to run fast after some mins of run.
- you can recover it by drinking water, soda can, and obviously after rest a bit.
- agree with ausdayz, reduce industrial loot a lot ( i found tons of wheels, engines etc..)

Slingshots as pistols so instead of doing lots of damage ( they should do very little damage) Should be used as a distraction tool for zombies , whiskey bottle throwing is too impractical and is quite tricky , but whipping out your slingshot firing somewhere and zombies investigate is a much more practical way of doing it , ofc they shouldnt do much damage but should be more common in residential buildings. (Poor soviet country , kids play item , makes sense)
Theres allready a mod made of it , and i think it fits in well with 2017 :). Skip to 0:45 to avoid the crap

Back