Thought i found a good host....

bajaboy1972

Code:
So my restart schedule will not work on this server? Being able to have your server restart on a schedule is huge. Theres nothing I can do ?
07/22/2013 18:41 Jonathan Rainier || Staff
Hello Shawn,

It depends on the server. Some nodes it will work on, others it will not. This seems to be one of those cases where it will not work correctly.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Jonathan
How would you rate this reply?    Poor                          Excellent
07/22/2013 05:11 Shawn  || Client
I was able to get 3 hour restarts working on my Namalsk server but im having an issue with my Lingor server.. Seems the server time iss too far ahead. Is this affecting my restarts ? This copy/paste is from 7/22/13 at 8:10 am....notice the time posted.

Name: DayZLingor - (1.3/102591)- PVP - Suicide / Custom Player Bases / Self Blood Bags / Freds Wwardrobe / www.ZombieBattalion.net
The name is required.
Connection Info: 50.31.113.14:2312
FTP: 50.31.113.14:8821
Started On: 7/23/2013 12:00:40 AM

So its like the time is always ahead of my scheduler so it doesn't work. Am I missing something ?

Code:
Jonathan Rainier || Staff

Hello Shawn,

Each reply you(the client) makes, without a reply from the staff(us) will result in your ticket going to the bottom of the list, making it look like a new ticket. We will terminate a clients service without refunds IF they spam our support system. We have a lot of other clients with questions that need to be answered.

Regards,
Jonathan
How would you rate this reply?  Poor        Excellent

07/20/2013 07:37
shawng || xxxxxxxxxx.net
Ok well 20 hours for a response to an emergency ticket seems a bit long. And is this how you treat paying customers? Terminate service and keep their money. Not very professional and not a good way to conduct business.

Sent from my Galaxy S®III

-------- Original message --------
From: HFBServers DayZ Emergency Support <[email protected]>
Date:
To: Shawn  <[email protected]>
Subject: [Ticket ID: 951149] Server is DOWN

Hello Shawn,

I have responded to #277515. If you keep spamming the support system with tickets, we will terminate your service and block you from our support system without any refunds.

Regards,
Jonathan

----------------------------------------------
Ticket ID: #951149
Subject: Server is DOWN
Ticket URL: https://www.hfbservers.com/billing/viewticket.php?tid=951149&c=I5C2LWq2
----------------------------------------------

07/19/2013 22:39
Jonathan Rainier || Staff
Hello Shawn,

I have responded to #277515. If you keep spamming the support system with tickets, we will terminate your service and block you from our support system without any refunds.

Regards,
Jonathan
How would you rate this reply?  Poor        Excellent

07/19/2013 18:00
Shawn  || Client
Ticket number #277515 - Stuck @ waiting for host.

12 hours and no response??!?!?!!?

This was his final answer on getting a working restart schedule.

Code:
Hello Shawn,

Sadly there is nothing you, or I could do.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I have extended your due date by 10 days.

Regards,
Jonathan

Oh wow, Thanks for posting. I too have been having the same issue with hfb but have been too lazy to send in a ticket. I have noticed that my midnight restart never fails.... perhaps what I will try is 6 scheduled tasks at 4 hour intervals instead of one scheduled task repeating every 4hrs. If it works I will report back. It is a shame that hfb dropped the ball like that as the performance and reliability in my experience thus far has been significantly better than my time with dayz.st.

Gtx is the same way. Their restart is broken also . And they act like its something you aren't doing right.

most hosts i had servers with have people in the support that dont know anything about anything ^^ better go with a dedi, search some people from the community and put money together and you may come out cheaper too :)

This worked for me....

Ok, so after many weeks of issues I finally got bored and started experimenting. I am not sure what changed variable solved my issue but here is what I did.

-Deleted my scheduled task that I had set to repeat every 4hrs
-Replaced my scheduled task with 6 separate tasks repeating daily... ie 12am,4am,8am,12pm,4pm,8pm restarts
-There is an option that says "repeat for" - make that greater than 24hrs (if it is greater than 24hrs the option is disregarded... so set that joker to 99) example repeat every = 24, repeat for = 99

I now have consistent restarts for days. Hope it helps man.

Ive been with following,

HFB Servers, terminated after 5 days - full refund back.
Far too many problems with server, nothing seemed to work correctly.

GTX Gaming , severs seemed stable.
It just didnt like modded files added to them.

Xstream Gaming, Im having a terrible service with them.
Paid for BEC tools to be added, and its completely broken.
Ticket response is shockingly slow.
Server restarts broken.

DayZ.st, to be honest Ive had a few problems with them.
But they have been the best ones out of the ones Ive used.
The servers can get laggy, when there is over 30 players though.
Always answered tickets the same day.

Priv, terminated after the 3 days trial.
The ping was terrible for me.
Server located in France and ping was well over 150ms for me in the UK.

This worked for me....

Ok, so after many weeks of issues I finally got bored and started experimenting. I am not sure what changed variable solved my issue but here is what I did.

-Deleted my scheduled task that I had set to repeat every 4hrs
-Replaced my scheduled task with 6 separate tasks repeating daily... ie 12am,4am,8am,12pm,4pm,8pm restarts
-There is an option that says "repeat for" - make that greater than 24hrs (if it is greater than 24hrs the option is disregarded... so set that joker to 99) example repeat every = 24, repeat for = 99

I now have consistent restarts for days. Hope it helps man.

I will give this a try... Thanks

Did you forget to pay your bill on time?

The ONLY TIME I've EVER had an issue with scheduled restarts from HFB was when I forgot to pay the bill on time, the suspend the accounts, and it halts the scheduled restart process... Lesson learned! pay ahead of time!

Furthermore, I don't mean for this to be a shameless plug, even if it comes out that way..

I've used HFB since Feb 2013, and have used/accessed other server rental companies in my travels helping other server admins..

HFB is the best thing you can get right next to having a dedicated server.

If you can't get something working on HFB, then you have no business being an admin, they give me access to just about EVERY FILE save for the two hidden files that would allow me to whitelist myself on battleye, and super admin privileges on database (no rent a host gives you those anyway)

Just posting here in defense, because no offense to you, but I have had no issues with scheduled restarts, and I believe OP has the operator error problem, not server provider :)

I used to run 2 hour restarts for the last month, before that, 3-4 hours, and before that and currently i run 8 hour restarts with scheduled services for my debug monitor..

Also.. You can use BEC to handle restarts.

Yeah, HFB support is horrendous. They think 48 hours is acceptable and that line about your replies bumping the ticket to the bottom is bull. I'm familiar with WHMCS, the billing and support software they use, so I know better. i can't imagine they have so many tickets that they can't answer within a few hours. Other than their support, what you have access to is good, but DayzPriv is the best host I've found so far. Fast replies to every ticket and very knowledgeable and friendly. They are the devs for DayzCC and just completed a custom control panel for DayzEpoch.

Back