TLV|Epoch Chernarus|31.3.225.43:5902|BuildSnap|AutoFuel|DayzAI|SelfBB|Starter Gear|HALO In|Join Us!

Jan

2aew5d3.jpg

Server IP: 31.3.225.43:5902
Add us to your favorites list!

Current Server Admins:

JBJ (Main Admin / Server Owner)

PH (Admin/ The only admin we have yet to see use any admin power at all)

Tereus (Lowly Admin /Server Monkey (w/ Wrench)/Code Guy / PR Guy / Forum Poster)

Come one, come all. Dayz fanatics, zombie fetishists, bandits, and heros. The Lost Vikings want you to join us in an epic quest for survival. If your tired of your current server, just want to get away from the admin abuse, or just thought this server advertisement's satirical allure fits your personality, then we wanna see you, shooting at us, in game.

The Lost Vikings is a fairly new server, with astronomical goals...first and foremost of these goals is to scour the mysterious, and troll filled landscape known as Das Interwebs, and find awesome Dayz Epoch players to come join our server.

We do have a dedicated player base at the moment, but we reside in different timezones (Europe / US) and we want to make the server population a constant thing (outside those timezones).

If you join our server now, you'll receive the following items:

• Weapons: MP5A5, M9
  • Ammo: x2 MP5A5 Mag, x1 M9 mag
  • Gear and Items: Hatchet, Radio, Matches, NVGs, x2 Bandages, 10 slot backpack
But wait! There's more.
(Said in the voice of that guy who does those awesome Starship Troopers Infomercials)
Since we admins are really just a bunch of organic meatbags (Queue HK-47) sitting at our desks trying to survive along with you, we want to hear your opinion. If you have an idea, or suggestion, don't hesitate to contact us in game, or here in this thread.

With that said, here is some information about us:
(Queue second giant wall of bulleted blue text)

Basic Server Stuff:
  • 30 Slots - Dedicated Hosting - UK
  • Ping from US - Approx. 178 on a 3mb dsl connection.
  • Day / Night cycle
  • Dynamic Weather
  • Start with a HALO Jump
  • Build Snapping
  • Autofuel
  • DayzAI
  • Krixes Self Blood Bag
  • Starter Gear
Perks of our server:
  • No admin abuse.
  • No admin favoritism, player or group.
  • Mature admins / community
  • Active admins
  • Epicly badass loot - Custom looting tables. (e.g. M136, SMAAW, M110NVG,M32)
  • PvP/PvE/PvAI
  • Custom anti-cheat which we constantly monitor.
Currently installed Mods:
  • Auto-refueling
  • DayzAI
  • Krixes Self Blood Bag
  • Build Snapping - Extended (Maca / OtterNas3)
Mod Stuff:
  • AI foot patrols - Hostile to all / varying levels of difficulty.
  • AI chopper patrols - Hostile to players in vehicles / if shot by players on foot.
  • AI vehicle patrols - Hostile to all
  • Varying levels of AI difficulty (Tier 3 (Hardest) Baseline set to .60)
  • Tier 3 AI have a chance to spawn with M136 (AT4) and shoot stuff.
  • AI chopper patrols only fly: (UH1H) Will add variants eventually
  • AI vehicle patrols are currently unarmed.

(If you made it this far...I applaud you)
Hope to see you soon!

Last edited:
Admin Update 2/3/2014:
-Self Blood-bag has been temporarily disabled due to issues with vehicle salvaging script / other oddities. Admins are currently working on this, and hope to have it back up and running by the end of the day.

*UPDATE:
Self Blood-Bag has been removed, which won't affect most of you due to your groups, due to issues it caused with not allowing loot to spawn. Admins are currently looking at fixing this.

Last edited:
Admin Update 2/4/2014
Dear Players, Many of you have stated that you want more diversified looting locations / custom towns. We hear you! Our admins are currently in collaboration, and working on custom locations for you. Pictures to come soon!

Admin Update 2/5/2014
Self Blood Bag, Chopper Lifting / Tow, AI Missions should be implemented by the end of the week. We apologize for the delay.
Starting loadouts will be implemented soon, nothing fancy, but we realize that several people get discouraged having nothing to defend themselves with.

Admin Update 2/6/2014
We have implemented a custom loading screen, working on a feasible starting loadout. Many have asked about night / day rotation. At this point, we plan to keep a night and day rotation as it adds a realistic feel you can get lost in. I will be working on implementing Chopper Lifting tonight. Thanks to all our new players calling our server home!

Last edited:
Emergency Update 2/6/2014
Server is now back up and stable. The server will no longer randomly reboot / disconnect. Thank you for all your patience while we resolved this issue.

If you have any missing items / vehicles please contact an admin and we will outfit you according to your last inventory configuration pre-hiccup.

Last edited:
Admin Update 2/7/2014
We have implemented AI Patrol scripts into the server. This means that both Bandit / Hero patrols will randomly appear. We feel this makes the game more interesting, and has a more realistic feel.

We have also decided to do away with self blood-bag for a number of reasons. First, despite tedious tweaking, that script still interferes with some of the other server scripts we are implementing. Second, after much debate, booze, and a little bit of crying, our admins decided that it was not in the best interest of our server because it would promote single play, over group play. While our admins understand that many people just like to go off, and make a camp in the woods, the reality is that the server is being tailored to have a post-apocalyptic / rebuild feel to it, and we want to promote group play. You'll have more survivability, make new friends, and create some epic times!

Admin Update 2/7/2014
Implemented a default / starter loadout. The loadout is as follows:

Gear:

• x1 M9 Pistol
  • x3 M9 Pistol Mags
  • x2 Bandages
  • x1 10 slot / weapon backpack

Toolbelt:

• Matches
  • Hatchet
  • Radio
The radio has been included due to our implementing DayzAI into the game. The radio will allow players new to DayzAI to know when AI is near, and chasing them. Please note that ALL AI on the server is hostile, however, the set reward for killing an Non-zed AI is as follows:
  • 50 Humanity per kill.
  • Chance for awesome loot by killing the AI Patrols.
  • Chance for very rare / super rare loot from eliminating AI Helicopter Patrols.
  • A bigger challenge for all players on the server.
AI breakdown as follows:
  • Patrols spawn everywhere in Chernarus. The size of the patrol is dependent upon the amount of actual players in that area. Typical for 1 player in the area is 3-5 AI. This will drastically increase, on purpose, as player population in a particular are increases.
  • AI will not attack zombies, but all AI is hostile to players. AI will use an assortment of weapons, to include, LMGs, ARs, Snipers, etc.
  • AI Helicopters will patrol the map.
  • AI WILL NOT spawn in the following locations: Stary Sobor (Trader City), NEAF (Airplane Vendor)
  • AI WILL attack you on sight, track you, and kill you if you do not kill them first.

Emergency Update 2/7/2014:
Server has been updated to 1.0.4.1

All players should be able to connect now. Also fixed the default loadout issue where the M9 was not in the players inventory.

Last edited:
Emergency Update 2/8/2014:
Server will be down until approx 1130 GMT(USA) for implementation of several new mods. Will post here when it is back up.

Thank you for your patience.

Last edited:
Admin Update 2/9/2014

AI plugin has been edited, please see full list of changes below:

• AI will now patrol in helicopters.
  • Helicopter patrols SHOULD leave you alone if your on foot, and have not engaged them.
  • Helicopter patrols WILL automatically attack you if your in a vehicle.
  • Added UH60M to list of AI piloted Helicopters.
  • AI patrols have now been properly disabled at NEAF (Aircraft Vendor) and Stary Sobor (Main Trader City).
  • AI will spawn more frequently now. This was changed due to a spawn trigger issue.
  • Tweaked AI weapon tables.
Other Updates:
  • Fresh spawn's will now HALO into a random location in Chernarus.
  • The radio will now properly warn players being targeted by AI using comms.
  • Vehicle count has been reduced and the condition of vehicles has been changed. No longer will 300 MVTRs spawn by Berenzino.
  • Heli-Lifting / TOW has been disabled until it is updated. Had issues with our Anti-Hack / Other Scripts.
  • Added a wider range of server spawned helicopters to the spawn script.
  • Tweaked custom loot scripts for chopper wrecks due to the AI patrol loot variables.
  • Tailored boat spawns, forcing ground vehicles / helicopters to take spawn priority.
In Progress:

Admins are currently in collaboration for a custom Chernarus map. When completed it will do the following:

• Add a minimum of 10 new fully lootable locations.
  • Expand upon the greater story the admins have in plan for the server.
  • Create a need to explore the map instead of camping around high traffic areas.
  • Add lootable areas in remote places that are otherwise unexplored.
  • Force players to choose their base locations with a modicum of strategic planning / situational awareness.

Admin Notice 2/9/2014:
Dear Players,

We implemented a HALO drop for fresh spawns to pump you up when you join the server. Please note, to open your chute you need to scroll middle mouse button and open chute.

The server is now back up, as the AI hotfix has been completed.

Last edited:
Admin Update 2/10/2014:
Dear Players,

Our AI Hotfix yesterday tweaked the AI Settings. For those of you new to the server / in response to the players who asked about it in game, the following was addressed / changed by that hotfix:

• Implemented AI Helicopter Patrols. For now, the Helicopter Patrols will only fly UH1Hs. This was due to the super high rate of player death when we implemented the UH60M. (Minigun Insta-death)
  • At most, there will be 5 random Helicopter patrols. The respawn time on the helicopter patrols after being shot down / all crew killed is between 7-15 minutes.
  • Once again AI Helicopter patrols WILL attack you automatically if they spot you and your in a vehicle. They WILL NOT attack you if you are on foot, UNLESS you shot at them. If you shot at them and hit them, they will hunt you to the edge of Chernarus and murder you, unless you shoot it down.
  • If you shoot down a Helicopter however, and kill its crew, you shall be rewarded with rare / super rare loot randomly. (Such as silenced M4's with Grenade launchers).
  • DayzAI loot tables have been changed. The AI's gear will be scaled dependent upon their preset skill level. This means that completely pants on head retarded AI will not drop super op weapons (i.e. .50 Caliber Snipers, LMGs, etc).
  • Increased the spawn rate / amount of AI that spawns in high traffic / premium loot areas (i.e. NWAF / Chernogorsk etc). We did this for three reasons. First off, many people were taking advantage of the former AI loot tables, and everyone was running around with LMGs / Marksman rifles. That was the fault of we naive admins. The second reason is, we tailored the loot tables in those area's to give you a chance at super awesome gear (Because you have to fight for it). The third reason is to dissuade any of you players who contemplated setting up a player base at these areas, in an attempt to be lazy and loot farm. We aren't saying its impossible to set up player bases at these high traffic locations, but if you choose to do so, in attempts to be the most well armed group on the server, you are going to have to fight for it (Once again promoting group play ;) ).
  • Changed the DayzAI skins to correctly match the skins available in Dayz Epoch. By default DayzAI had most of the skins in the rotation. However we tweaked it to make it more realistic / logical. For example, Military skinned AI will drop more military tailored loot, such as LMGs, ARs, etc. Ghillied AI will drop a random DMR class / Sniper class weapon. Civilians / Bandits will drop random loot scaling from common, to ultra rare.
  • In response to the awesome loot being dropped by the AI, and in response to player feed back, Chopper Wreck loot tables were re-adjusted. These wrecks will still drop the typical loot, but we increased the chance of super ultra epicly rare weapon drops, that isn't found on the AI (For example, the M136 / Javelin, All standalone grenade launchers).
In response to Clan queries:

While we definitely advocate group play on our server, we feel that this is just Dayz in general. Many of you clans have inquired about the possibility of custom clan bases based upon your server activity / clan size / possible server donations. While any donations to the server, if / when we choose to setup a paypal for the server are completely up to you players, we don't wish to mislead any of you into thinking you can pay to win on our server.

We understand that other servers do have certain dynamics in play, rewarding donators / paid members / paying clans, however, we feel that there are too many pay to win games out there these days. As such, and since we don't abuse our admin powers, we have custom tailored our server in such a way that anyone, including we admins, has a chance to survive and obtain the best loot in the game, through strategic planning, group play, and a large amount of luck.

With that said, and to reiterate our core belief on this server, you clans / players / groups have complete freewill on our server, as long as you follow our server rules, all three of them. This means that if you feel that your group is adept enough / geared enough / active enough, then we won't stop you from fortifying Chernogorsk's cement plant, or Solnichy, or any other location on the map. In fact, once we implement some of these custom loot locations / we get even more players on the server, we fully expect / plan on many of you larger groups taking over / fortifying / tailoring some of these locations / default locations into your own bases, and then, raiding / assaulting other fortified bases.

Hope to see you all in game!

Last edited:
hey guys James here i want to say that the server is great but i have a few problems AI is not fun to deal with fighting and worrying about players are bad enough and AI just doesn't make the serve as fun and every time i go into a city i get killed by AI and thats not fun. if you insist on having AI in the server at least make them peaceful and roaming. until of couse you shoot at them but having them in every corner of the mao is just not cool. please consider this. it will help people want to stay on this server!
thanks for your time and consideration...
active DAYZ player: James

Hi James,

We are currently planning to tweak the AI / Starting load out accordingly, as several other players have mentioned that either the AI need to be toned down, or the default loadout needs to tweaked to combat them. We are however planning on enabling a feature where the AI will attack zombies. While the current scripting doesn't allow the zombies to actually harm the AI, it will help players looting in the cities to avoid their patrols, as they are distracted by the zombies spawning within that city.

In regards to the AI's spawn locations, DayzAI is currently the AI plugin we use. The config for us allows us to set the amount of spawns, and the difficulty levels the AI play as, however, without actually going in and manually setting spawn points for locations, we can't control the spawn with the current settings. While we understand that it may be frustrating as far as how they spawn, and where they spawn, we purposely made larger groups of AI spawn in Elektro, Cherno, NWAF, and Balota.

The reasoning behind this was to promote group play, and make the custom loot tables more rewarding. You may have noticed that on our server in those locations, awesome loot spawns, such as silenced assault rifles, snipers, and LMGs. While many players on the server have taken to killing the AI to gear up / survive, we set the spawn rates somewhat higher in those high traffic areas to encourage group play / discourage camping of those areas, giving all players fair chance.

As I stated above, we are currently discussing what would be a fair compromise as far as starting gear. What we are currently debating is which primary weapon to start players with. While it has been discussed that we should start new players with a Lee Enfield, the counter-argument is that 80% of the time players are being HALO dropped into the high traffic / high AI populated areas, such as Cherno or Elektro. We are currently deciding on whether or not we want players to drop in with a basic assault rifle, such as an M4A1, or an SMG such as the MP5. Once we can agree as an admin team, we will implement a primary weapon with 3-4 magazines to new spawns.

The main reason for the delay in the new starter loadout is that we admins are trying to create a balance on the server. On one side, we want our server to be more dynamic and challenging then other servers, but on the other side we don't want it to be so challenging that no one plays on it. We understand that other servers get people to join by offering awesome gear as soon as a player logs in, but we felt that those types of servers took away from the overall ambiance and feel of a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

In regards to your helicopter issue James, we have been unable to replicate your bug. We have logged in on two of our accounts as admins, as well as had members of our groups attempt to replicate the same scenario. We would ask if any of the following may have been active factors for you when you experienced this issue:

1. Was the Helicopter fully repaired? Or was the tail rotor damaged?
  2. Were you being shot at by AI?
  3. Are you using a mouse and keyboard to control the helicopters, or a joystick?
  4. If you were using the mouse and keyboard, were you using the angling of your helicopter / forward speed to move left or right (Pitch / Yaw) or were you using W and S?
  5. Did you have auto-hover on or off?
We definitely want people to play actively on our server, and we appreciate your continued patronage, but we also want the game to be challenging. We fully understand your concerns and appreciate the constructive feedback.

If you wish to take a look at the coding behind the DayzAI plugin, you can find it here. You may be able to find something we overlooked:

https://github.com/dayzai/DayZBanditAI

Kind regards,

The admin team

Last edited:
hey admins james here again to answer your questions for the heli turning problems.
1. i have 2 helis at the moment a MI-17C and a UH=1Y. ive noticed that the MI-17C turns more than the UH. currently my UH is inoperable as i pressed Z too long and slightly smashed the heli in the ground. XD its fixable.
2. both helis i found as spawns and they were in working conditions but the MI-17C was worse than the UH.
i think that i just need to get a new MRA for both helis.
3. i use auto hover for takeoffs and landings.(just for preference) the thing is it cant be auto hover because as soon as the heli is started up enough to be almost at the point where it takes off it starts turning clockwise. i have been able to manage by countering it with holding down X all the time but it is a bit of a pain.
4. i think that the problem is the main rotor assembly and i will go get one today when i get on to see if it fixes the turning problem.

now about the AI i looked over the scripts and it seems normal AI settings for that plugin.
having an epoch server myself i too have AI and my server is much like yours " how do we implement AI and make the server fun and use the mod the way it is to be?" i found that turning the AI difficulty down and making AI freindly in like cherno elektro and the spawn points like berizino help solve the loadout problem. and make patrolling AI along the coast solves the loadout problem like i said. but make them freindly until they are provoked and then become hostile. but not all the AI need to be freindly. i say keep the bandit AI and put them at the NWAF and other military locations(add custom military bases or bandit forts. it makes servers more popular.) another thing though is to keep the loadouts the same as you have them at the moment. but consider starting with a toolbox.

last tip.
set up the trader city's so that one of the traders that have building supplies feature the selling of plywood packs etc. stuff that is pretty expensive but allows rich players to have access to a short cut to building a base.

thanks,
active DAYZ player, James

i was not being shot at by AI either
btw one last thing for the heli discussion Troyyy my freind had the same problem last night with the turning as i did when i died and he came to pick me up.
thanks
James.

Last edited:
Back