Trader Doesn't Work

LarsDayz

Hello,

I am running a 1.0.4.2 dayz Epoch chernarus server.
If i scroll down i can't acces the trader menu.

I have the following scripts installed.

Sarge AI
Side Missions
Repair/Refeul/Rearm
Self BB
Trader Safezones
Tow/Lift
Admintools (Infistar)

I also have 2 Custom bases in my server.
The base at Nw airfield and the base in cherno from Firefly http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1918-nwaf-military-base/

Can you guys help me with my problem.

im having the same problem ive been researching and i have narrowed it down to self bb, DZAI or something in the self actions file

Are you sure it's not just that common bug where you have to look at the traders face and zoom in to make them work? It's annoying but very common to many servers.

Let's say that I'm not experienced enough to know exactly how to rewrite my fn_selfactions file; would you be able to give me any specific things you rewrote into that file?

Hmm its a long time ago already,
I think i just downloaded a new file and added the scripts again.
I thougd i had a letter or something to mutch and that was the reson that it didnt work

I am having same issue but how did you know the issue was with fn_selfactions? Also how did u replace the whole file.

is there a way to figure out what script is causing the issue?

Last edited:
I haven't been able to figure mine out yet KingAlmond. If I opened the script I wouldn't know what codes were incorrect or correct. Unless it was as simple as true/false. If I figure it out I'll let you know.

Ok, I am looking into it too. If I fix it I'll let you know, mind telling me what scripts u have?

Here are mine:
self BB
WAI
Sarge
tow
self BB
auto refuel
flip vehcle
salvage veh
custom anim helis crash(not sure if it works)
nameplates
AGN(disabled to find trader issue, but didn't solve it)
R3F stuff
epoch admin tools
take clothes
and map additions to nwaf/west kamenka/balota and cherno.

From what I have seen most people have issues with self BB, most suggest to remove everything and add one by one and see what causes it, but i find that to be labor-some and their shud be an easier way.

I fixed my traders, I just made a new fn_Selfactions.sqf and re added the scripts.

I dealt with a lot of bugs so if you need help post here or add my skype derppppp.

Note: I only am skilled in dayz epoch chernarus- so other maps for epoch idk if i can help out.

If you contact me please give me the error you get on the RPTs, tell me what custom things you have on your server, when it broke(if you know).

This does not require a "fix", as it's not broken. I bet you, if you stand infront of your Trader, switch to 1st Person and look him right in the face the scroll wheel option for the menu will appear.

In order to increase the max distance search your fn_selfActions.sqf and find:

Code:
_allowedDistance = 4;

Slightly increase value:

Code:
_allowedDistance = 6;

You can trade from 6 Meters distance now.

Alright, need some trader help. Been building a server as a lan so i can make sure everything works before making a public one and I've hit a snag i can't figure out how to fix. Only option i have with the traders is to check their pulse. Am i an idiot and doing something wrong or could it be a config/script issue? Never used the mod before but seems like a must have.

Back