trouble updating beta patch on server

spitznagel

Hi all,

Just started up a server with Vilayer. It came with 1.62.103419 installed, and im trying to update it to 103718. So i went to this website....

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/148010-dayz-mod-18-update/

and downloaded the @Server-1.8-full.rar, unpacked it, and ftp'd everything over to my server. on the server side, i renamed all of the original folders and files that were going to be replaced rather than deleting them.

I did NOT transfer over the following:

@Hive folder
cfgdayz folder
DatabaseMySql.dll
DatabasePostgre.dll
tbb.dll
tbbmalloc.dll

I did not transfer the @Hive folder over because i am running a private server (so i dont know if i need it)
I did not transfer cfgdayz folder over becuase inside it was HiveExt.ini (so i thought it might not apply to my private server)
I did not transfer the dll files over because i didnt know where to put em!
There was 1 file in the Keys folder from the update, (dayz.bikeys) i replaced my old dayz.bikeys with this one, and left the other 2 files, bi.bikey and bi2.bikey, in the keys folder. (not sure if i was supposed to just have the keys folder only contain the 1 file from the update)

Once everything was transferred, i started the server, and it said i had the wrong version installed and did not let me join. Ive hit a wall and am not sure how to continue. any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Spitznagel

Back