V3S vanished

JRMC

Hey, survivors.

Recently, I had driven to the airfield with my V3S Civilian, which had a crazy amount of stashed loot inside. (~10 weapons; ~170 items; 3 backpacks)

My mission was to explore the airfield for some time: Fix the chopper; Find some better weapons; And then I'd be on my way back to my friends. Problem is, since the zeds in the airfields/airstrips have improved accuracy, it's much harder to solo throughout the entire area. But I ended up dying at some point, thanks to an infection, which lead to blood loss.

After that, I started helping my friend through Chernogorsk and fixed a motorcycle to drive back to the airfield. Sadly, some personal problems came up and I had to leave and did not play for two/three days. Thing is, I often shutdown my server without a problem and after those days, after I finally arrived at the airfield, my V3S vehicle was gone - just vanished.

I did an entire search back and forth and even scouted from the Fire Station. The chopper was still standing on its spot and so was the cargo plane, that I did not mention, since I had no intentions of using it. I remember leaving my V3S parked near the airfield's Center Control Station, or whatever you call it. It's right in front of the Fire Station.

I did, however, install some scripts before reaching the airfield. I installed the Self Bloodbag script before dying. No problem there, I believe. Then I installed a bunch'a scripts - about three or four. I installed the Animated Helicrashs 0.1, Drink water directly from ponds / wells, Auto Refuel, and I guess those were all I wanted.

Auto Refuel didn't seem to work - Removed.
Animated Helicrashs 0.1 didn't seem to work - Partially removed. (Did not backup some files.)
Drink water directly from ponds / wells doesn't seem to work.

Apart from that, I also found out that players have experienced vehicle disappearances or a reset. When I found out the vehicle was gone and after I searched for that answer, I told one of my friends to go look for it, on its spawn area - nothing.

What can be causing the problem?

Are you using any custom antihack? There is usually line what deletes anything with content 100+ items.

Hi JRMC I'm not sure what could be deleting your vehicles. Are you sure no one just simply found your V3S_Civ and moved it to another location? What you could do is download a program called Navicat onto the server machine (where you're hosting the server) and connect to your Private Hive database. To do this go into Navicat and create a new connection and enter in the correct information. Mine for example the IP would be 127.0.0.1 and the name of the database Hivemind the username dayz1337 and the password dayz1337. (My database is NOT accessable through the internet and these are fake names/passwords just for an example).

What you then want to do is look at the object_data tab and where it names all the vehicles put this in ascending order so it's easier and quicker to find. Look through all the V3S_Civ's and find one with an inventory that looks like it has your loot inside. Then what you want to do is take the Worldspace coordinates and go to this link.. http://snuletek.org/arma2coordcalc/ - Enter the worldspace coordinates into the database coordinates on this webpage and it will show you where your V3S_Civ is located on the map.

---

Also regarding your scripts that you wanted to use they don't work because Pwn0zor doesn't come with merged mission files. This means that in the places you needed to add/modify/delete code you may not have found it in the correct places. If you take a look a Rosska85's tutorial of how to merge your mission files you can then add those scripts you wanted with no problems at all. Here's a link to them.. http://www.opendayz.net/threads/fix-1-7-7-1-scripts-work-for-1-8.14090/#post-74123

Hope that gets you sorted bro!

What you then want to do is look at the object_data tab and where it names all the vehicles put this in ascending order so it's easier and quicker to find. Look through all the V3S_Civ's and find one with an inventory that looks like it has your loot inside. Then what you want to do is take the Worldspace coordinates and go to this link.. http://snuletek.org/arma2coordcalc/ - Enter the worldspace coordinates into the database coordinates on this webpage and it will show you where your V3S_Civ is located on the map.

I was afraid this would be much harder to accomplish, but these were rather very easy steps to follow. Either way, I found my truck - its coordinates, at least. But no luck, still.

It points out that my vehicle is near by the Huey chopper, that spawns in the airfield. I scouted around that area and found nothing. The database shows its exact location on that area and it includes all items that I had left in it, and since only one spawns per server, it wasn't too hard to locate on the database, either.

As shown below, with a custom marker (V3S Civilian) with a red, transparent circle, it is where my vehicle should be located, as indicated by the database. I can't find it anywhere and it's really bothering me now. I'm losing patience, not with you, but with the game.

61ah.png

If I changed the coordinates of the vehicle, would it possibly re-appear?

EDIT: Changed its coordinates and it re-appeared again, after a server restart.
Thank you for your help.

Give it a whirl...
It maybe trying to spawn 2 vehicles on the same point (maybe you parked on a spawn point?) and as it fails neither will show...check the .rpt file on your server.. it should show up any failed to spawns in there but it's a hard read...long file etc.
Lets says your current worldspace is [100,[6950.1,7765.2,0.01]]
the first number 100 is just the direction your car is facing so leave that.. the next 6950.1 is the distance from the west of the map, and the next 7765.2 is the distance from the south, the last is just how high the car is.. as the air field is flatish ignore this one as well.. what I would do is change the second set of numbers by adding 10 to the co-ord this should then move your car 10m east so in my example change 6950.1 for 6960.1 could be anything but 10m is close enough not to have to hunt about but far enough that if it's clashing with another vehicle it will be out of it's range.. and also there's nothing building wise that close to the point you've shown on the map to cause yourself additional problems.. you might also want to check that the car is still alive in the database..again in navicate the very last columb should be called "Damage" if this is set to "1" then the car has been blown up..you might be able to change this back to "0" and for ease of it not re-blowing up on spawn i'd suggest you fix it up change anything in the hitpoints columb to just [ ] this will fix all the tires engine etc..(bit of a cheat but it's a one off on your own server so do you really mind:)

I was afraid this would be much harder to accomplish, but these were rather very easy steps to follow. Either way, I found my truck - its coordinates, at least. But no luck, still.

It points out that my vehicle is near by the Huey chopper, that spawns in the airfield. I scouted around that area and found nothing. The database shows its exact location on that area and it includes all items that I had left in it, and since only one spawns per server, it wasn't too hard to locate on the database, either.

As shown below, with a custom marker (V3S Civilian) with a red, transparent circle, it is where my vehicle should be located, as indicated by the database. I can't find it anywhere and it's really bothering me now. I'm losing patience, not with you, but with the game.

61ah.png

If I changed the coordinates of the vehicle, would it possibly re-appear?

EDIT: Changed its coordinates and it re-appeared again, after a server restart.
Thank you for your help.

Sorry mate I've been off the forum for a couple of days. Was going to say when you convert the coordinates it isn't 100% accurate and it will be in that area of the map. But it does help to pin stuff down that's vanished or to add more vehicles in a small radius of somewhere. Glad you sorted it though pal! x)

If you need any more help mate just give me a shout!

Sorry mate I've been off the forum for a couple of days. Was going to say when you convert the coordinates it isn't 100% accurate and it will be in that area of the map. But it does help to pin stuff down that's vanished or to add more vehicles in a small radius of somewhere. Glad you sorted it though pal! x)

If you need any more help mate just give me a shout!

No worries about it. All I did was remove the decimals, from the actual coordinates, and it spawned nearby the chopper. I also fixed its parts, with Navicat, because of all the work it took me to find again. (After all, it's not cheating. It did run away from me. ;))

Anyway, thank you again for your wondrous help!

No worries about it. All I did was remove the decimals, from the actual coordinates, and it spawned nearby the chopper. I also fixed its parts, with Navicat, because of all the work it took me to find again. (After all, it's not cheating. It did run away from me. ;))

Anyway, thank you again for your wondrous help!

No worries pal have fun! x)

Back