Vanilla Dayz with Base building (only wood)

Yiddo

I really like the idea of a vanilla / Epoch hybrid but you can only build with wood and can only get wood through cutting down tree's. I wouldn't want any traders and to maintain you would have to maintain each piece of your base individually with more wood resources. This would make the game far more realistic and people could put doors on houses and wood walls at the window to give it a real survival experience.

I think you would probably need plot poles so people do not just build on top of you but maybe not? Also combi locks would have to be either crafted or found on zeds.

This would be an epoch type base building but only wood and no traders / wholesalers. i have seen servers which have the potential to be good then they mess it up by allowing people to build all sorts of random stuff which makes it much more unrealistic. The ideal server would maybe have 2 or 3 small missions just to keep people busy and player interaction high and would also have group management / self blood and no weight limit just to make it a little more simple.

So my question is, would this be difficult to do? I have ran my own server before but due to being a newbie to the whole scripting thing and the server host messing up the files so it was difficult too add new scripts i had to give it up.

also if anyone knows of a server like this please feel free too share :D

Yes its involved and isn't something to cut your teeth on.

I have created this for my server. You can try it out. right click on a tool box to bring up the build menu.

Search CLANDOOLITTLE on dayz Launcher

Back