[VILAYER SERVER] Scripting Help

Ryan DLG

Hi, I need help editing my files on my private hive Vilayer server.

I just came from DayZ.ST and was able to edit files fine.

EX: Survivor, Player, and any other file in my database. (These two mentioned because I could then edit my own loadout without affecting others.)

Yet, with Vilayer, I can't seem to edit them because they are now Survivor.FRM and Player.FRM files.

How do I edit .FRM files, or how can i change the TCAdmin Panel to allow me to live edit them like i could on DayZ.ST?

Also, could the Databaseconfig.sys coding have anything to do with this problem? Its currently set to "Western European (Windows)" and can be changed to "Unicode, Unicode Big Endian, and Unicode UTF 7, 8 and 32.

Thanks for the help!

Sincerely,
DLG

hi

where are you finding these FRM files? have you connected to your database using a sql program like HeidiSQL?

mathew

I would reccomend Navicat over everything else, just enter the connection settings and you can edit those files you speak of.

Have just had a look on my server and the frm files are in the sql folder on the server. This is not where you need to look for it. you need to connect to the mysql server directly using a 3rd party application

Hello Everyone, and thanks for the abundant help! :)

Yes, I have successfully connected to my database using FileZilla. If thats a shit program and i should try Navicat or HeidiSQL, then im totally up for it.

I am going to download Navicat now, thanks to the solid recommendation from Samirocks123.

Mathew, Thanks for the tip. If Navicat doesn't work, im off to HeidiSQL.

In General, is Notepad++ all I will ever need to edit any text files?

filezilla is a ftp program and not a sql program. once you get navicat installed and connect to your database (server ip is the same but port will be your port +1 so if its 8053 it would be 8054) you shouldnt have any more problmes

Back