WARNING - Survival Servers - Stay Away They Are Thieves

Hey guys,

Kurtz from Ruthless Toothless gaming here.

As many of you know we have hosted our fair share of servers on most of the big name hosting providers. The list includes Vert, GTX, Dayz.st, G40/DayzPriv, HFB, and a few others.

Recently we decided to take advantage of Survival Servers $20 server offer. Well, you certainly get what you pay for.... Ok, sort of...

The problem? You really don't get close to what you pay for. Our first server was set up within minutes. Ok this was looking good. But after multiple attempts to get the server working (Overpoch already set up by SS) we threw in the towel. Nothing spawned correctly, the traders were all jacked up, the de-sync was horrendous, and support was abysmal at best.

A few of my tickets were answered (4-5 days later) with "Don't worry, we will look into it soon" Lol, Don't worry? Our entire player base just left, we are a little worried Bro!

Nothing was ever right, nothing ever worked.

Long story short, we cancelled the server and ordered another, thinking maybe we just got a lemon of a server, possibly a recycled server from some other dude who threw in the Survival Servers towel.

Second server paid for, 4 days went by before we even heard from them and our server was finally set up. Tried to log into the console and nothing. Lodged multiple tickets over a6-7 days, none of which were answered. Now we had just dropped $25 on a second server and 11-12 days later we couldn't even get into the server console to restart it or look at the PBO's.

Enough was enough, I very kindly requested a refund. Here was their response (Multiple Days later):

"We do not issue refunds, please also understand that we are not responsible for every bug with Overpoch. there is not a "perfect" set of files that have been publicly released like they do for Epoch"

It's a new mod and under development. We NEVER claimed anywhere that it was perfect, we only claim to support Overpoch in its most basic form.

I will check on the unknown issue for you.

Sincerely,
Chad, Survival Servers"

I had no problem with Overpoch as a mod. My refund request was for not having access to a server I paid for 11 days prior.

Well, there you have it. Don't be an asshat like me and learn from others mistakes.

I have a paypal dispute going right now to try to get my $25 bucks back. Yeah I know, it's not a lot but it's BS to charge people for something you cannot deliver.

Stay clear of them, they will rob you blind and offer no support whatsoever.

-Col Kurtz

Best way to host a reliable server that will pretty much never fail is to do it all yourself once its setup it will be fine, get a vps or dedi and do it yourself save all this hassle.

Best way to host a reliable server that will pretty much never fail is to do it all yourself once its setup it will be fine, get a vps or dedi and do it yourself save all this hassle.

Agreed. This is what i ended up doing after going through the hassle dealing with DayZ.ST non-existent support. I suggest www.nfoservers.com. They have been in the business since the 90s and I have had multiple servers with them with no issues. Their support is great and reliable service.

Ok I would have to agree with the fact that SS was complete crap I mean from day1 with those artards I had the SCP problem (wouldn't load but once every 2 hours and would glitch out like a mofo with every use made to it) spent 65$ for admin tools and a few scripts for the server felt pretty confident till I logged into the SCP.

Pros: Great FPS in server, $20 a month
Cons: shit support, nothing really works properly

I changed over to Vilayer and bam no problems server was up in a matter of 20 minutes and running smooth as hell. I have it set to Overpoch Taviana and absolutely love it without a doubt. Lowest FPS ive seen on the server so far is about 20FPS and that's when the server first comes up loading DZAI and DZMS which isn't uncommon for the first startup after a restart.

Pros: Quick Support, $32 a month, Full use from the FTP client(no need for PBO use), lots of great widgets to mess with in the SCP, Simple navigation as well as login, Great FPS, and Able to change the map and mod whenever you like to(just have to rescript once you change things), US Servers

Cons: Have to use an SQL program since they have nothing to access MySQL(not really that much of an issue)

I wouldn't be too critical of any server host. They all suck at times and they all shine at times. I have never used Survival Servers but I have used enough of the ones people said "stay away from" without any issues. to take negative statements with a grain of salt.

You get what you pay for, $35 a month for a Dayz server at Vilayer? They should call hourly just to ask if you need a foot rub or anything :D . I would rather pay $20 a month and solve my own issues since the majority of the time it was my own ignorance that caused the issue. As long as the server stays online ...

BTW: I also have a vilayer server, but I use their windows VPS for $25 a month which allows me to run 2 full servers (or more) simultanously. So at that rate the servers cost $12 a month so you are paying $22 for the support.

I wouldn't be too critical of any server host. They all suck at times and they all shine at times. I have never used Survival Servers but I have used enough of the ones people said "stay away from" without any issues. to take negative statements with a grain of salt.

You get what you pay for, $35 a month for a Dayz server at Vilayer? They should call hourly just to ask if you need a foot rub or anything :D . I would rather pay $20 a month and solve my own issues since the majority of the time it was my own ignorance that caused the issue. As long as the server stays online ...

BTW: I also have a vilayer server, but I use their windows VPS for $25 a month which allows me to run 2 full servers (or more) simultanously. So at that rate the servers cost $12 a month so you are paying $22 for the support.
I can see what your coming from on that and yes I can agree that one should take others problems with a grain of salt as an opinion which is very true. :) But I still have to say I enjoy Vilayer a lot more since Survival Servers kinda royally screwed me and when I was trying to get help from their "support" it was like pulling teeth.

Since we are host bashing ... I should add that i am very happy with the Vilayer Windows VPS and do recommend it. But I had one issue when I first got it that I KNOW the tech support knew the answer too but refused to answer it correctly. And that still pisses me off because they KNEW what the problem was ...
We installed Windows 2008 R2 and its a trial version, so it has a message in the lower right that its not activated. I noticed my server was restarting every few hours and asked tech support if they knew why the server would be 'crashing' and if they could fix it. The response was basically "The Server has no problems, you might be delusional". This went on for a week with me assuming I had installed something incorrectly that was crashing the server.
FINALLY, I realized that to force you to activate, windows restarts every few hours. So .. they didn't know that already? They could have said, "Hey go get an activation crack and install it on the server". :mad:
so thats it .. 8 months ago and that was the first and last time i had to ask them for any help.

Hmm ok well ill definitely have to check that out I mean I was going to save up some money and build my own server since im already running off a business connection for net speed lol :rolleyes: that I would just build a dual CPU server running Windows 2008 Server OS and just go balls to the wall setting it up since itrs cheap enough and if I ever have any problems I cant yell at anyone but myself lol but Ill deff check out the VPS from Vilayer since they actually are great server hosts and even have decent prices.

i use/used the one advertised on the homepage of the forum, never had any issues, 100% support and they looked after me even when i wanted my beta reverted to version X then to version XX then back to X then back to XX then to the latest :p

you also have full control of your files including DLLs, they even have custom mod support (takes a bit to setup but if your building a mod then you shouldn't have any issues figuring it out, and if you do just open a support ticket they will answer almost any query :)

there super easy to use and i was up and running in a matter of hours after my order :)

DayZ Mod Server Hosting

Reliable DayZ Mod Server Hosting

Use coupon code "OpenDayZ" for an
instant 15% off your invoice,permanently!

Initial Servers:
"You start here"

Back