What is DayZAI?

Jigoogly

What Are all of its features and abilities/ limitations I have yet to see a complete page of "DayZ AI do this cool stuff: A, B, C, etc" and I'm left to go through every change log.... that or I'm an idiot and you already have one of these around somewhere and I have yet to find it.

Fellow Bandit,

Jigoogly

There is a quick list of features here in the "Features" section: https://github.com/dayzai/DayZBanditAI

Basically DZAI is an AI spawn manager that controls when and where to spawn AI, as opposed to having them constantly present on the server, which is a huge resource drain. It's meant to add threat to normal gameplay by adding AI bandits since zombies usually aren't very dangerous, and is especially useful in low-pop servers so all areas can be as dangerous as a higher-pop server.

DZAI is kind of an "omni-addon" that is designed for compatibility with every single map out there, just like how DayZ Epoch can be used with any map. Because the focus is on cross-compatibility with every DayZ map/mod that could be thrown its way, there is no specific support for any particular map.

There is no support for friendly AI because it causes more problems than it's worth, the main issue is coding in conditional hostility (ie: retaliation, killing only bandits, etc) in an efficient manner that isn't resource-intensive.

Back