With DZAI is it possible to...?

Magz

With DZAI is it possible to... Make a group of static AI and locate them at a custom map addition (stronghold) co-located with a crate of high-end items (hotwire kits, weapons with TWS scopes, gems etc). Make them neutral to players other than bandits so a player can walk in the stronghold, right up to the crate with the goods, then once the player interacts with the crate, the AI become hostile and the player has to fight your way out of the stronghold?

Kind of like walking in, try to steal from them (access their crate), they become hostile, battle your way out.

It's possible to do everything that you are saying however without scripting knowledge making them hostile when interacting with the crate will be hard to do since AI behaviors are handled through Arma itself(I think I'm saying that right). Here is a link letting you see the various combat modes available, but like I said I'm sure with good scripting knowledge it could be made to work. Like this mode for instance

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setBehaviour
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_AI_Combat_Modes
  • "GREEN" (Hold fire - defend only)
    • When a player orders his units to "Hold fire", the units are set to combat mode Green.
I'm sure you could script them to defend the crate and when the crate is interacted with it would cause them to go hostile and start attacking whoever is around but I feel as if they are set to hostile from the start it would have way less bugs and would provide more of a challenge since they would fire at players entering instead of letting the players get in a good position have someone interact with the crate then take them down.

Now for setting up static AI DZAI should've had a setup guide from where you downloaded it explaining everything and even inside of the folder where the static AI will be placed is a little guide you can read and understand how to do it. I'm sure reading this could also be of some help.
http://opendayz.net/threads/how-to-make-static-spawns.19580/
http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3849-how-to-setup-a-custom-patrol-for-sarge-ai-or-dzai/

Last edited:
hey sorry to drop in on this thread, but im desperate for help.

i have got DZAI running on my server and its great, say for 1 small thing.
everything is working except for the markers for the AI units.

i have tried to find the section for making the markers on the map visible, im sure they are supposed to appear by default but i cant work out why they dont appear or where the setting is for the markers.

i have the roaming AI helies and UAZ active as well as the AI foot units, but unless im in enhanced ESP mode with admin tools i cant see any of the AI units anywhere on the map.
i have WAI running as well, but before you say, i have tried running DZAI alone and still have no markers

any help would greatly appreciated

Last edited:
From my experiences with DZAI they aren't suppose to appear on the map. If they did it's basically takes the whole fun out of even having them. Al thought it isn't impossible to make a marker. I could help you out on static spawns but it wouldn't be a moving marker. Trying to set a marker on dynamic spawns and make the marker move with the AI I have no clue on. It's also been discussed on axes buss route about making a moving marker for the buss and it has yet to be done.

im pretty sure its possible, ive seen moving markers on another server, but the bad part is i cant remember what 1 it was. you got to see hellies roaming around, the uaz driving along the roads. i dont have any statics set up, just the ones that pop when you start shooting in a town (or anywhere for that mater, especially near missions, randoms join in when your at missions)

but like i said, i have seen it done, but i dont know where to make the adjustments to the code. any idea where i should be looking in the files to start editing?

Well if you use infistar antihack I'm sure you could piece together the show vehicles option there to make it work on a separate script but also for some people this is going to kill their fps I mean when they go to the map it could literally drop to 0 fps for them. showing player markers, vehicle markers, and wrecks puts me at about 10 fps on the map. And any other time I'm running around 40-70 fps.

hmmm, i never considered that. i gotta try and find that server so i can show you what im talking about. the server that i saw didnt really kill the fps in any way with the mobile markers, well that i noticed. if i find it would you mind checking it out, im not 100% sure what that server was using and how they had things setup.

Yea I'll check it out I mean it can be done I've just never had a reason to try. I'm trying to work a few bugs out the base building 1.3 script atm.

like i said im not sure what setup their using, plus im a newbie when it comes to setting up a server, i just checked it out and the only moving AI markers are the hellie and UAZ units, the others just show the trigger areas, which would be fine too,, at least it gives you a heads up if your a new player or if your half dead and dont want to run into unfriendly AI's

its a non PVP server too, 119.81.31.10:3102

https://github.com/dayzai/DZAI

Downloadbutton on the right side

like i said im not sure what setup their using, plus im a newbie when it comes to setting up a server, i just checked it out and the only moving AI markers are the hellie and UAZ units, the others just show the trigger areas, which would be fine too,, at least it gives you a heads up if your a new player or if your half dead and dont want to run into unfriendly AI's

its a non PVP server too, 119.81.31.10:3102
i believe the Unit markers are removed with one of the latest updates, the benefit of this markers is for debug problems, and not to show them all the time, that's why they are removed i believe
An earlier version should have them.

Yes you only have to deactivate, the static and dynamic spawns in the config:

PHP:
DZAI_staticAI = false;
DZAI_dynAISpawns = false;

and activate:

PHP:
DZAI_maxHeliPatrols = 0;
DZAI_maxLandPatrols = 0;

Back