Wrong Text Element Null with AI

Carp!

**Note: I realize this is a DZAI forum, but I feel this is a good place to put this since I am noticing this issue with the AI**

I am sure we have all had this problem with our custom debug monitors, but I noticed today that I am getting this message spammed again in my RPT file.

I can tell you that it is caused when I shoot an AI in the head and that AI headshots are not being counted in my debug monitor anymore. Anyone have any thoughts on if this is an epoch, dzai or other issue? I have been using DX Custom Monitor since 1.0.2.1 and I believe this started with 1.0.3.1.

For the wrong text element error, check to see if your debug monitor may be running on the server, which could cause that error. The line that calls the debug monitor should have something like this to prevent it from running serverside:

Code:
if !(isServer) then {

or

if !(isDedicated) then {

The headshot count was probably lost when I reworked the AI damage/death handling scripts. I'll look into this and see if it's possible to re-implement.

edit: I've added in headshot counting to the kill count function. I'll test later when I have time.

Hmm, mine doesn't have either of those, mine starts with:

if (isNil "custom_monitor")

There is another option to run this under dedicated, I will try to use that method.

You could change that line to read:

Code:
if ((isNil "custom_monitor") && (!isDedicated)) then {

Or you could just simply slip it under another if !(isDedicated) section, that would work too.

Ahh ok cool thanks, I will try that. So it would look like this?

if ((isNil "custom_monitor") && (!isDedicated)) then {custom_monitor = true;} else {custom_monitor = !custom_monitor;};

while {custom_monitor} do
{
_kills = player getVariable["zombieKills",0];
_killsH = player getVariable["humanKills",0];
_killsB = player getVariable["banditKills",0];
_humanity = player getVariable["humanity",0];
_headShots = player getVariable["headShots",0];

hintSilent parseText format [
"<t size='2'font='Bitstream'align='center'>%1</t><br/><br/>
<t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='left' color='#ff0000'>Blood:</t><t size='1' font='Bitstream'align='right'>%2</t><br/>
<t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='left'>Humanity:</t><t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='right'>%3</t><br/>
<t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='left'>Murders:</t><t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='right'>%4</t><br/>
<t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='left'>Bandits Killed:</t><t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='right'>%5</t><br/>
<t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='left'>Zombies Killed:</t><t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='right'>%6</t><br/>
<t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='left'>Headshots:</t><t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='right'>%7</t><br/>
<t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='left'>Survived:</t><t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='right'>%8 Days</t><br/>
<t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='left'>FPS:</t><t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='right'>%9</t><br/>
<t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='center' color='#ff0000'>TechOpsGaming.com</t><br/><br/>",
dayz_playerName,
r_player_blood,
(round(_humanity)),
_killsH,
_killsB,
_kills,
_headShots,
(dayz_Survived),
floor(diag_fps)
];
sleep 1;
};

That code looks rather strange, maybe it's just not my style, but this is what I would do:

Code:
if ((isNil "custom_monitor)&&(!isDedicated)) then {
   custom_monitor = true;

while (true) do {
      (insert your monitor code here)
   };
};

This way, the "while" code is not even touched if the script is being run by either the server or a client with the monitor already running.

Cool, thanks for your assist, I will test this out later and provide an update.

I thought it looked wierd too, but thats why I ask because some of this stuff is very foreign to me.

Tried it with the dedicated and it didnt show up period. I suppose I will keep trying things though. The AI headshots not being accounted for don't seem to be harming anything but our ego's anyway :p

I missed a double quote at the end of custom_monitor so make sure that wasn't responsible for any problems.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I rebooted server and its working now! Could have been a glitch or something. Also noticed no more wrong text null errors not in RPT anymore. Man with one update you fixed 3 issues heh thanks again for your time on this stuff!

Back