XLhost dedicated server help

makasouleater69

I currently use nfo VPS but, with sarge ai and missions with only 2 players the server has to be reset every 2-4 hours. I extended it to around 6 if i lower sarge ai, way down. My goal is to get atleast 30 players, and im thinking that a vps with sarge ai and missions with 30 players will not run at all?
Base Server $84 Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard x64 $25.00 Core i7 4770 8GB DDR3 HD 1 128GB SSD $10.00 HD 2 128GB SSD $15.00 No Raid 10000GB Transfer 100Mbps port 5 IP Addresses Unit Price:$134.00Quantity:x1Tax (First Month):
$0
Tax (Per Month)
$0
First Month Due:

That is xlhost.com priceing.
I was thinking of getting this for a epoch server, any one have any experience with them? Or can recommend a better dedicated server company??

Well, I can say this. There is a huge difference between hosting a epoch server on a Virtual system. Like NFO servers, dayz.st, and having a dedicated machine. My VDS/VPS had a xeon 2 core
ARK | Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2620 (15M Cache, 2.00 GHz, and 5gbs of ram, a ssd. I would have to restart it every 4 hours or so, and it would leak its memory out, after 4 hours it would be up to 2gbs. With the xlhost, its been running now since 11pm, its now 8:44am. Its still running, and only using 10 percent of the i7 4770, and 900mbs of ram. It is the same server as the VDS/VPS as in. I just installed the game as normal steam arma 2 and opah, then commander, and updated. Then i just copied my mp missions, dayz server ect to the new server. So when i asked this around i got some one telling me a VPS is fine for hosting. I would say yes if you are running stock, but i would not recommend running dayz epoch with sarge ai, missions ect, and trying to get 20-40 people. Hope this helps any one looking to rent a server. The extra money is worth it.

Back