Zombie Me.

Funkyllamah

Zombie infection from eating the food gives % chance of model change to zombie :D

Have a specific medical vehicle, one on map only, that if got to you within time can reverse the effects and cure you :D

:D I know the model change and playing as a zombie is perfectly doable. played many mods with it actioned that way. the only thing needing looking at for most part would be setting up the action of an item specific to the med vehicle to turn u back again to a able bodies survivor.

Of course this opens up many more possibilities regarding the mods played as a zombie character where being able to get a hit on a survivor would instigate a probable infection also.. it will sort of allow for another form of play other than survivor as well, IF you dont get treated in time.

I think we would need to swap out the animations instead of the models. We could also do a removeWeapons, removeMagazines to strip them of gear.

This would be awesome. Then players would have to deal with zombies that don't have the AI limitations... they'd have to deal with them - no fir tree or building limitations. Of course, the zombie would have to feed itself, right? If it didn't, it might be limited to crawling or something. It could feed on animals and players - no need to cook the meat. Imagine walking into a field and seeing a zombie eating a cow.

Maybe, another limitation would be the inability to run unless a player is in line of sight or if the zombie - not the player with good headphones - could hear another live player or gunshot (to simulate a zombie brain) - maybe a 10 second delay before forcing a walk again. Also, if they groaned and screeched out of the control of the player (again, simulating the zombie brain).

It would also be cool if player zombies could only be killed by a headshot. They could get broken legs and go into shock and pain (screen shaking), but can't die unless it's a headshot.

I had a lot of fun using the zombie model as a playable character in the editor... the movement is awesome... especially the ones that do the chimpanzee gallop.

It would also be cool if player zombies could only be killed by a headshot. They could get broken legs and go into shock and pain (screen shaking), but can't die unless it's a headshot.

Love this! Force players to not being able to suicide and respawn anew.You wanna drop off a tall structure then you will have to crawl around for hours trying to find a person to kill you.LOL imagine seeing crawler who is begging you to kill him but you have no idea.

Zombie legs would have to regen eventually, otherwise players could just build wire fencing/sand bags around you and keep you as a pet.

Unless you gain the power to walk through walls/doors like every other zombie in DayZ. >_>

No need to heal broken legs, give the zombies a "food meter" like a survivor. Get meat or starve as a zombie :)
Dunno if its possible, but if arma can distinguish between the legs, make them limb when 1 is broken and crawl when both if broken.
This idea is awsome hehe, could have great potential if executed correctly.

So maybe if a survivor guts a zombie he has 1/5000 chance to get infected (random number) he then gets infected and you slowly start to die. If you die of natural causes (no bandits hehe) you should respawn as a Z in the exact same spot and you would have to feed every 15-30 mins to keep it going. No meat = death.

Maybe even go as far as to create a "vaccine kit", which would allow you to create a vaccine of of the blood of a dead zombie.
I dont like the idea of a vehicle, its completely out of place. 5 years later, the one vehicle that could save your ass is long gone rofl, someone has stolen/crashed it for sure. Remember you are left with the leftovers, the battle for survival was lost looooong ago, you are 1 maybe a handfull of survivors left in the world. So having 1 vehicle that can "magicly" cure you seems a little misplaced tbh. A "vaccine kit" seems more legit as surviving doctors would have had 5 years to develop it.
It would also introduce another tradeable item, something i feel is a must for 2017 to survive. It should be nearly impossible to survive alone tbh, as the level of resources left is so low now.

I realize this is taking a "warz" turn with the vaccine, but hey, they never invented it and its not even part of theyre game yet hehe.
+ vaccine and zombies goes hand it hand tbh.

They'd have to be quick about it. The zombie crawlers I've seen crawl pretty quick. And once zombie are able to react to one another's calls (1.7.5), the players might be a bit pre-occupied to take the time to build a pen.

And, if you do get penned in, I would hope you could contact an admin to come shoot you. If they refuse, is that a server you want to play on, anyway?

Also, in my opinion, we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that this is a survival game. If you become a zombie, you haven't survived. Being a playable zombie should be an experience one can have for a time, but, ultimately, get back to playing the game.

Zombie death from starvation makes no sense considering that none of the other zombies die of starvation. Making a zombie that's tougher to kill is one thing, making one that dies if you don't feed it goes against the whole notion of what a zombie is... undead - meaning, unless you kill it, it ain't dying.

Well, it 10000 times better then a magicly curing vehicle lol.
Its just an idea to incorporate more gameplay into 2017, insted of "just another vehicle" like all the other DayZ mods are doing tbh.

This way we might end up with "vaccine traders" and "vaccine bandits". People hoarding vaccines and bandit raids to steal it, coz its easier then making it your self hehe.

My bad rofl ;) we must have posted around the same time.

Your right about the dying of starvation thing, perhaps a timer for how long one is able to be a zombie?
That way it would be more like you say, a fun "minigame", and then you could get back to gearing up.

How about a % chance of getting a zombie only after death by getting shot? (respawn as zombie beside the corpse)...would make looting killed players more exciting and there will be no players spawn "useless" as zombies in the wilderness after they have been killed by some...
Then set time fo being a Zombie to 5-10 minutes (eventually restart this time after hitting a player) or let the "Zombietime" be unlimited but with option to selfkill...

Zombie movement same as the "real" ones (including not running in buildings) ,but with the ability to change between the standing, monkeymove and crawl....kill is only possible by headshot, maybe option to call other zombies^^

Maybe give a humanity boost for killing a zombie player - putting the person out of their misery. This would give an incentive to kill player zombies, helping to shorten the experience... and, if possible, leave their gear on them, but inaccessible to the player zombie - they can't drop or use items.

Perhaps, you can only turn if you become infected by zombie meat or a hit from a zombie... then you get a chance of becoming a zombie when you die (however you die). Then make it location based as well... if you die outside a certain radius from a town, you don't turn. This also gives the player a chance to avoid the zombie experience if they can get outside that radius.

I agree it would be something nice to add.
I'll bring it up on the dev chat, if it hasn't been discussed already. Don't expect it next update though, since we want to stop doing new things for this update and focus on fixing the new things we added.

Zombie movement same as the "real" ones (including not running in buildings) ,but with the ability to change between the standing, monkeymove and crawl....kill is only possible by headshot, maybe option to call other zombies^^

If anything they should be able to run inside buildings to pose a real threat to the players :)
Just imagine agroing some z's, running into a barn just to find out one of them doesnt stop, OHH snap!! Thats right, its the guy you killed 3 mins ago for 2 cans of beans and a coke :D

Zombies are easy to loose, make the player zombie a beast, the 2017 version of "patient zero" haha.
That way, the dynamics will get mixed up alot and all of a sudden nobody is safe :)

As for duration, it would proberly be best with a "respawn" button, coz some people will hate the feature and some wil love it. I can think of people wanting this to play as a zombie for a long time, but some will deff not wanna play it and insted get back to looting.
This would also mean you could find "roaming packs" of theese player zombies ;)

Btw are you guys working on this or do you have other stuff to adress atm?

Back