1.5 or 1.6

paddy1223

Sarge I've been reinstalling all the scripts and mods I get from here. Was going to start adding 1.5 from your GiHub and seen on the forums that 1.6 might be out soon.

My Questions are.

Is it worth waiting for 1.6 as the installation will be different from 1.5?
Or Should I install 1.5 as 1.6 is only a few files to re-upload to newer versions?

Thank you

install 1.5. the upgrade to 1.6 will only be to overwrite some files, and adjust your init.sqf (1 line, instead of 3 to be added as it is now).

sarge

Any chance the invisible AI is addressed in 1.6? Sadly, need to run 1.1 or everyone gets shot up without much of a chance to fight back.

you can run a quick workaroun for this yourself.​
locate your UPSMON.sqf, find this codeblock:​
Code:
    _x allowDamage false;
    [nil, _x, "per", rHideObject, true] call RE; 
    _x disableAI "FSM";

and comment it out.

find

Code:
        // hide & protect unit
        _leader allowDamage false;
        [nil, _leader, "per", rHideObject, true] call RE; 
        _leader disableAI "FSM";
do the same.

find

Code:
                _newunit allowDamage false;
                [nil, _newunit, "per", rHideObject, true] call RE; 
                _newunit disableAI "FSM";

do the same.

The issue that the AI doesnt get made visible again seems to only occur on servers with very low fps, or lots of AI groups. It usually takes the amount of groups in seconds for them to become visible.

Sarge

yepp and might still take a bit. Reason is that i had very little engagements in my job as a consultant beginning of the year, so was able to develop a lot. That changed last month (was time, money running short ...), so my time is way more limited now.

Sarge

No problem .btw Love your scripts. Greetz from Tirol ^^

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 4 Beta

SARGE Im using 1.5.0 and I tried this work around and Im still encountering invisible AI. Furthmore, the AI don't seem to be obeying my config.sqf they steal vehicles and rob tents when I have this turned off. Anyone have any ideas?

Do you by chance have this 1.1 around still ?? I used it for a long time and everything was fine, this 1.5.0 is waaay too buggy and is pissing people off.

yepp and might still take a bit. Reason is that i had very little engagements in my job as a consultant beginning of the year, so was able to develop a lot. That changed last month (was time, money running short ...), so my time is way more limited now.

Sarge

Hey sarge, I'm running 1.5, and I had lag on my foot patrols and choppers, so i turned off the vehicle fix and had great performance out of foot patrols and helis.

Well I just noticed that it didn't fix the players not being able to get into vehicles with other players who have agrro'ed AI, and after a player catches bandit, hero, or military aggro, they are immune to domes, dont even get messages at their own dome.

Cant you point me in the right direction here pls?

P.S. Running epoch 1.0.2.4

Thanks

Hey sarge, I'm running 1.5, and I had lag on my foot patrols and choppers, so i turned off the vehicle fix and had great performance out of foot patrols and helis.

Well I just noticed that it didn't fix the players not being able to get into vehicles with other players who have agrro'ed AI, and after a player catches bandit, hero, or military aggro, they are immune to domes, dont even get messages at their own dome.

Cant you point me in the right direction here pls?

P.S. Running epoch 1.0.2.4

Thanks

I've been running SargeAI since 1021 and it's run fine until the latest patch. I'm getting spammed by errors from the cleanup routine...might I ask how you edited the 1024 server_cleanup.fsm at this line:

" if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (isPlayer _x) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

Thanks

-CJ-

Honestly guys this thread doesnt really get attention and i think SARGE is busy with real life. Youre probably better off posting on the scripting discussions forum

I've been running SargeAI since 1021 and it's run fine until the latest patch. I'm getting spammed by errors from the cleanup routine...might I ask how you edited the 1024 server_cleanup.fsm at this line:

" if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (isPlayer _x) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

Thanks

-CJ-
"if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (isPlayer _x) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

exact same, i haven't changed yet. There is a Sarge being made just for epoch.
http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2611-sarge-ai-epoch-edition/

Has anyone come up with a fix for the invisible AI? trying what Sarge mentioned about modifying the upsmon.sqf did not work.

Has anyone come up with a fix for the invisible AI? trying what Sarge mentioned about modifying the upsmon.sqf did not work.
Nope, I just went back to the older version which works well enough. Unfortunately I can foresee SARGE AI withering with coming updates since he doesn't appear to be active on it anymore. Hopefully, Im proven wrong.

Well if he's not going give us 1.6, then he should at least have a fix for this issue with his latest 1.5.2

what version are you using that works?

hes basically busy with real life now. he had a lot of time when he was unemployed but hes since gotten a job and I don't think this is his priority anymore.

Here are my files, you're going to have to edit the loadout of the AI to your liking and change a lot of the guns or else you're going to need to heavily modify your BE filters or people are going to get kicked for picking up a lot of these guns.
Also there are static AI which Ive added to bases around the map that I made, the will be pretty much useless to you so I recommend getting rid of them.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kg6ougbnvr34w4o/MBmEDNgwEl

Back