1.8.1 nutrition system?

Inkko

Valued Member!
Since updating my server to 1.8.1 the nutrition system was added in. I've had lots of players complaining about it. They have to eat a lot of food... they think its broken... etc. Anyone looked at the nutrition system at all? or anyone else not liking it or want to make it a little easier for players?

I too have the same issue. So far my only solution has been adding more food to loot tables. I have added MREs and meat so that players have to eat less often.

I too have the same issue. So far my only solution has been adding more food to loot tables. I have added MREs and meat so that players have to eat less often.
I client sided the eating and drinking and forced the highest nutritional value for drinking and eating so that everything gives whatever the best item would give nutritional wise.

Meaning a can of potatoes is equal to a steak and a soda is equal to water. That way the nutrition system is still in place but players don't have to do as much nit picking when searching for food and water.

Just noticed something now that I'll have to test later which would work better for me. It would make everything end up giving more in the end, but I'd be able to separate out specifics; cooked food, raw food, canned food, water bottles, sodas. Each specific type would have a set value instead of just drink and food having their own set amount of nutrition to still have that slight difference.

I'll have to test it to make sure it works once I get home and I'll let you know how I did it if it ends up working if you'd like.

Well if anyone wants I can tell them how to do what I've done. I have it so that you can set a value for food and drink. Under food you can set the value for cooked food, raw food and canned food. Then under drink you can set a value for water bottles and sodas. Seems to be working fine for me so far.

I'm assuming you know how to client side player_eat and player_drink with a custom compiles.sqf

in player_drink change find this:
Code:
if (_itemorignal in no_output_drink) then {

player addMagazine "ItemWaterbottleUnfilled";
};

and change it to this:
Code:
if (_itemorignal in no_output_drink) then {

player addMagazine "ItemWaterbottleUnfilled";
    _player_drink_Nutrition = [0,0,1200,0]; // water bottles? restores 1200 thirst
} else {
    _player_drink_Nutrition = [0,0,900,0]; // sodas ect? restores 900 thirst
};

then in player_eat find this:
Code:
["FoodDrink",_regen,_player_eat_Nutrition] call dayz_NutritionSystem;

and right above it add this:
Code:
_player_eat_Nutrition = [50,300,0,0]; // define incase all fails?
if (_rawfood) then {
_player_eat_Nutrition = [125,800,0,0]; // raw foods? restores 800 hunger? didn't know you could eat raw foods...
};
if (_cookedfood) then {
_player_eat_Nutrition = [372,1500,0,0]; // Cooked foods? restores 1500 hunger
};
if (_hasoutput) then {
_player_eat_Nutrition = [100,1000,0,0]; // canned foods? restores 1000 hunger
};

For some reason having a calorie count with the food reduces your thirst slightly as well but I'm not sure why it does it.

Back