14 hours down and here it is - Tikhaya City.

Poncho

Well here it is guys, at least 14 hours of work, a bunch of coffee and a lot of dedication to making sure the addition is functional, attractive and offers balanced loot spawns to maximise the potential gameplay. Specifically designed for DayZ Chernarus this map addition will work on any dayz mod so long as it is running the EU addon update.

What is it?

Well Tikhaya city (named so for its location above Bay Tikahaya on the SW corner of the map) is pretty much what it says on the tin, another city to add to the existing three; Chernogorsk, Electrovodsk and Berezino. It Contains:

- Multiple lootable houses and pubs,
- Hospital,
- Fire station,
- Large Railway station,
- Railway car park with multiple salvageable vehicles,
- Gas Station,
- General store,
- Church,
- Large industrial area, with more scattered around,
- Farm houses scattered on the outskirts,
- Hotel with 360 degree overview on the city,
- Small military encampment.

As mentioned the city is ideally positioned/built to accomodate for many different types of player game style to maximise potential gameplay, whether that be sniping into/out of the city. Close quarters combat in the narrow city streets, hit and run armed vehicle dashes to get supplies and get out quick and anything in between.

Here is a link to the image album containing an overview of the city, and multiple screenshots showcasing the city at ground level so you can see the ridiculous amount of detail I pumped in to get this city perfect:
http://mechanistvideos.imgur.com/

With Code below:
http://pastebin.com/hkGvYMRT

For instructions on installation check out my other thread ----> http://dayzepoch.com...om-map-content/ and skip to the end bit about publishing content, editing the exec VM where necessary.

This is a large edit and may be worth adding a custom map marker indicating the location of the city so people know it is there, and please credit any use of the addition. I have taken so much from you guys as you help out me and so many others over the development of this mod, so thanks again guys. Hope you enjoy!

Looks really awesome man! Does this require the map eu add-on for the streets and whatnot?

Yes cen, it required the EU addon otherwise many items in the edit will not appear in your server.

Just looking at the photos, you really have outdone yourself. It really looks like another city. Amazing work.

Not sure this will work with Overwatch as Overwatch has an indutrial area with buildings in damn near the same spot...

But I looked at the images and it is quite well made. Thumbs up to you, sir!

I have been toying around the the @Map files for some time now, every time I load the map it just goes back to the stock map or all the additions from the pack are missing. I have @John loaded and everything works fine. I am not sure why there is such a break down between the two. I've done nothing in my PBO files to add any map editing packs. My question is this: Where would I add the packs into my PBO? I am running a DayZST server. Do I just add the .cpp files into my Addons folder, or can I place PBOs inside of my mission PBO?
Thanks!

Wow, I got your additions live on my other server, and I have to say you did a beautiful job! Really well done!!! Thanks for all your hard work!!

Back