A Custom sea base?

LTGNick

Valued Member!
So my players have been wondering if its possible to have a platform on the sea where they can park vehicles and have them stay there... ive tried it through editor already and i have gotten a couple platforms to be stable after restarts but the problem is when you leave a vehicle on them after a restart they willl just blow up.... they wont fall through tho... so im wondering how would i make one so people could park and leave vehicles on it

Anything over water is dicey at best. I've never had good luck with anything and I've tried platforms, ships, map editor additions...none of it was usable. Vehicles bounced and destroyed, opened crates flew all over the place, etc. Sucks too because I had plans for things but I never got it good enough to be considered working.

Yea we use to have donator bases but honestly have 5 all over the map with restricted area's made players mad and thought it was unfair but it was a good way to fund the server one of my donator told me he would love to have some type of ensurance of his gear and i thought the only way id make a restricted base again was if it was a area no one went to (Aka the sea) so you have any tipes @gopostal i mean a crate or anything that would work that would be able to store players gear over the sea and works with regular mod 1.8.0.3? i know back in the good old 1.7 days we could have deployable boxes that would store as much as you could dream but now that they fucked that up i dont really know any ways for players to store lots of amounts of gear in places like the ocean or stuff... and i dont want to resort to have forcefeilds back in my server that kills/kicks people when they get close...

is there anything gopostal? any type of script that can make a box or a tent be locked somthing like that like a safe kinda thing if the whole sea base wont work

I'll be perfectly honest with you Nick, I just don't read wall posts with little or no punctuation. Don't get me wrong. I like you, you carry a torch for positive impact on these forums, and you genuinely seem to care. I just happen to be older than the median here and I grew up in a time when cursive was still taught (and mattered). It may be petty on my end but I refuse to decipher where someone else's sentences begin and end.

It's your right to post as you want so I'm certainly not trying to tell you or anyone else what to do. I didn't want you to feel ignored since you posted towards me.

Back