Adding a couple of mods to my server issues

Hey guys, i was wondering about Sarges AI for Cherno everytime i install the mod i log in and get killed instantly (not form AI) and respawn in debug and continuously die.

adding buildings eg, fire houses, barracks, hospitals, i know i had to add a folder and key to my arma II folder but cannot find that folder/file any more - : Done

heli lift, tried 4 different methods every one leading to "Wait For Host"

adding additional heli crashes when ever i search anything thing to do with heli crahses its always the animations, i dont want this

if some one could give me a hand with these that would be great

:)

iv got this.....

Code:
// [_guaranteedLoot, _randomizedLoot, _frequency, _variance, _spawnChance, _spawnMarker, _spawnRadius, _spawnFire, _fadeFire]
nul = [3, 4, (50 * 60), (15 * 60), 0.75, 'center', 4000, true, false] spawn server_spawnCrashSite;

how can i make it so it spawns a max of 20 and a min of 15 heli crashes across the map?

O i'm not sure about the loot thing I was on about getting the ai heli's working

Code:
A2) Adjust your server_cleanup.fsm file for group cleanups

Check out the server_cleanup.fsm file that is part of this repository. Take it as an EXAMPLE (might differ based on server package that you use)how to adjust yours.

Look for (around line 290)

"    if ((count units _x==0) ) then {" \n
  "        diag_log (""CLEANUP: DELETING A GROUP: "" + str(_x));" \n

and change the FIRST line to to:

"    if ((count units _x==0) && !(_x getVariable[""SAR_protect"",false])) then {" \n
  "        diag_log (""CLEANUP: DELETING A GROUP: "" + str(_x));" \n

A2) Adjust your server_cleanup.fsm file for "Killed a hacker" fix

Depends which DayZ version you are running.

The line you are looking for is either:

"    if  (!(vehicle _x in _safety) && ((typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") ) then {" \n

Change to / add as shown:

"    if  (!(vehicle _x in _safety) && ((typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) ) then {" \n

Or the line looks like

if(vehicle _x != _x  && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n

Change that to

if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") then {" \n

B) While debugging and testing, set

// Shows extra debug info in .rpt
  SAR_DEBUG = true;

SAR_EXTREME_DEBUG = true;

//1=Enable or 0=disable debug. In debug could see a mark positioning de leader and another mark of the destination of movement, very useful for editing mission
  KRON_UPS_Debug = 1;

in SAR_config.sqf.

SWITCH ALL OF THESE OFF WHEN YOU GO LIVE!

C) Test WITHOUT battleeye enabled! If you are confident that your tests were ok, locate the following lines in your scripts.txt file:

1 setFuel !"\"setFuel\"," !"z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_setFuel.sqf" !"\"dayzSetFuel\"" !"if (_fuel >= 1.0) then { _fuel = 1.0; };\n\n_target setFuel _fuel;" !

change this to

1 setFuel !"\"setFuel\"," !"z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_setFuel.sqf" !"\"dayzSetFuel\"" !"if (_fuel >= 1.0) then { _fuel = 1.0; };\n\n_target setFuel _fuel;" !"_vehicle setFuel 1;\nif (SAR_EXTREME_DEBUG) then {diag_log "SAR_EXTREME_DEBUG: Vehicle refueled";};"

locate this line:

5 setVehicleAmmo !"\"setVehicleAmmo\","

change to

5 setVehicleAmmo !"\"setVehicleAmmo\"," !"_vehicle setVehicleAmmo 1;\nif (SAR_EXTREME_DEBUG) then {diag_log "SAR EXTREME DEBUG: Vehicle new ammo";};"

this might vary with your DayzMap and might get updated by Battleye, i recommend to UNDERSTAND how battleeye filters work, so in case you need to adjust them, you are able to.

oh nah its not that the heli's arnt working its the whole mod not working, as soon as i join my server i randomly die, no gunshots nothing just drop then keep dieing every 2 seconds

Have you got any map editing on your server done in the arma 2 editor?, Or does it only happen when you implement the Ai script?

cheers
Robbie

tried it with and without any custom building, and yes does the same thing either way, tried it with only AI as a mod and with plenty other mods still KIA

Can you email me your mission and server pbo's please?

Can you zip them up in 3 files:

1: default pbo's untoched
2: default pbo's with ai only
3: your pbo's with all your other mods that work, without the Ai stuff in them

Not promising anything but i'll have a go at it tonight if you want.

Also, are you using a hosting company or doing it yourself?

Cheers

Robbie

[email protected]

Hmm..I'm not sure I follow now dude, which mod do you think it is that is causing you to die straight away?

cheers

Robbie

Ok dude, if you want to email me your default , untouched mission and sever pbo's and also working copies of the ones with the other changes you've already made, i'll give it a go for you tonight if you want.

If you could zip each one up separately and label them clearly that would be sound.

Cheers

Robbie

[email protected]

Back