Adding a custom menu for tools/items

It's possible since I've seen other features / scripts that do it. If I get time later I will look for it.

Your best friend when it comes to scripting is unpacking the dayz_code.pbo file and going through all the scripts they wrote and figure out how they work. You'll learn a lot doing that. Constantly reference everything in the scripts to the BI Wiki scripting section (meaning look up every function call, read description, understand parameters, etc).

And it may have been meant to be harsh. This community is 99% leachers and 1% contet creators. Way to many think "I don't know anything about scripting" is an acceptable excuse for asking questions prior to trying to figure it out themselves. It's not. If someone doesn't try to learn they shouldn't be modding their server. That is the big difference between this community and many of the other game mod communities and until it changes the dayz mod community will be a joke.

It's possible since I've seen other features / scripts that do it. If I get time later I will look for it.

Your best friend when it comes to scripting is unpacking the dayz_code.pbo file and going through all the scripts they wrote and figure out how they work. You'll learn a lot doing that. Constantly reference everything in the scripts to the BI Wiki scripting section (meaning look up every function call, read description, understand parameters, etc).

And it may have been meant to be harsh. This community is 99% leachers and 1% contet creators. Way to many think "I don't know anything about scripting" is an acceptable excuse for asking questions prior to trying to figure it out themselves. It's not. If someone doesn't try to learn they shouldn't be modding their server. That is the big difference between this community and many of the other game mod communities and until it changes the dayz mod community will be a joke.

Found anything yet? In the examples of the addWeaponCargo and the others it literally only gives examples for vehicles so it ends with _truck. In the fn_selfactions.sqf, the backpack is labeled as _bag but even that doesn't work!

Back