Admin help

Sulo

My server is about 2 months old, with a regular player base of 10-15. The weekends get much busier, but some of the regulars are hording a lot of the vehicles, helis and urals specifically. I was just wondering how you guys handle this. The players work hard to find all these vehicles but they don't need 1/2 the helis on the map and I don't want 1/2 the helis in a 500m radius of each other. Is there an accepted way of handling this that I don't know about?

If there are some other large groups prowling around, give it some time. I find that large bases create problems, yes, but due to the size and ease of discovery, they tend to get found. Thus, the issue has a tendency to work itself out. Patience will be a virtue here.

If there are not other large groups around, talk to them. Let them know that while hoarding isn't against the rules, they may be indirectly impacting the growth of the server. If they agree, and they should, then work out a reasonable amount of vehicles that they can use until players group up and mobilize. If they refuse to listen, take advantage of your right to implement new anti-hoarding rules. If they complain, make it clear to them that you would have rather not created a rule set in stone, and wouldn't have had to if they had been more understanding of your position.

well for me when it gets to that stage i would

Code:
UPDATE instance_vehicle SET damage=1

respawn all vehicles and set the worldspace of all the players to nothing so when they rejoin there on the coast and have to find vehicles again but they still have there gear and tents so there not to pissed :)

also this is the scripting section this question would be better placed here http://opendayz.net/#server-maintenance-tips-tricks-and-tools.42

Back