AI Bandits at Crashsites?

Innuce

I wonder if it would be possible to spawn an AI bandit at the location of every heli crashsite.
This would make crashsites more challenging to loot. Especially since players can simply drive up next to a crashsite and loot it without a fight.
Unless there's a way to turn on zombie spawns while you're in a vehicle near crashsites?
Has anyone figured out a way to do either or both of the above?

You would need to dig into your crash spawn logic. As soon as you have the coordinates for the crash site, simply spawn a static AI group at that location.

Sarge

Good to know it would work in theory. Unfortunately, I'm not very gifted with scripts.
I am using animated crashsites, so my crashsites are being created continuously. Spawning static AI groups would have to be coordinated with those events somehow. Instead of an actual coordinate, it would need to be able to utilize a variable?

nah. there must be a point in the animated crashsite logic where the random location gets defined and setup. at that point you need to spawn the AI.

It's my understanding the choppers can be shot down by players, so they could crash just about anywhere?
Here's what I found...

Code:
//Animation is done, lets create the actual Crashside
        _crash = createVehicle [_crashModel, _pos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
        _crash setVariable["Sarge",1];
        _crash setDir _dir;
        _crash setVariable["Sarge",1];

Back