AI weird behavior…

BoNeHeD

I spawn some static soldiers AIs to protect my base. First, I noticed they do shoot zombies, like they did before. Then after I went and killed two bandit AIs and came back to base, the soldiers killed me. Can you tell me what I forgot to do or did wrong?

Okay, I figured it out. You need to change the sniper skin for the bandits. If you kill a sniper bandit with a gillie suit it is considered a murder. So the soldier AI thinks you are a hostile. So, go into the SAR_config.sqf file and change the skin to a bandit skin.

Are you sure you killed bandits ? Sounds like you killed friendly AI to me .-)

Sarge

Yes Sir! :) The other players were having the same issue. I tested it last night and they do not shoot us when we get back to base. All bandits have the same skin now, but I will change that later. However, did you set the soldier AI not to kill zombies?

AI, regardless of faction should shoot at zombies. They do on my test environment here.

Just tried your scenario: Killed a group of bandits, consisting of snipers (including ghillie) and riflemen, then moved to friendly AI ... they even saluted me .-)

The skins have nothing to do with the faction, and the enemy assignment for players only gets active after you shot a friendly AI.

You might have some other issues, taht lead to your AI behaving weird.

check your RPT, client and serverside, and see if there's anything in there that might give a hint.

Sarge

Okay, thank you Sarge. I figured something else was wrong when the AI didn't shoot the zombies. Thanks for the great MOD and the help!

well, BE filters are pretty well explained there - and as i stated in my readme, updating and maintaining filters is something that is within the responsibility of the server owners - i just give guidelines.

Sarge

Back