Always moonlight at night?

bFe

Hello.

Can i edit my mission file to have moonlight every time it gets dark?
Recently its been pitch black dark every night, with no moon showing up.

What Excelsior said but if you really want to at the bottom of the page there is an example one which has already been changed, i double checked it just then and it works.

http://dayz.ddz.net/FMN/1751 <--updated and confirmed working on 2/7/2012
Rename the file to dayz_server.pbo before uploading

I also tried the one in the wiki, server wouldn't start afterwards.

Ill try the one you linked Banic.
Though I use Reality, will that one be compatible?

Check for missing files, from the .pbo, in the .rpt log. Have had problems packaging pbo files for mods, missions are ok. I am getting round it by editing the util and package files in the Reality master folder and using that to package the pbo.

I am allso running a Dayz.st server and http://dayz.ddz.net/FMN/1751 doesn't work for me either.
Alltho my server is booting and ppl are able to connect, this script makes it 24/7 daytime... Restarted about 10 times,
every time with a different timezone, no luck, allways daytime. and yes its set to day/night cycle in my CP :)

I have removed the wiki link to that file since the edit will do just fine.

Send me the edited files and I will take a look.

Hi there,

I'm just reading all interesting threads in this section. The last post is from 13.03 but maybe some one can use this.

You can easily avoid other nights than full moon if you set a static date in your hiveext.ini for example 01.06.2012

Then you have always full moon nights!

Cheers

kikyou2

Hello,

I have no real skill for this, so bear with me. I have 2 dayz.st servers, one cherarnus, one fallujah. I have the full moon nights working where I can go into the server.pbo and set a full moon date there. However that does not last, and the next night will no longer be full moon. I see here you saying you can set a static date within the hiveext.ini file, which I see in the FTP, however it will not let me edit it, or download it with winSCP, giving some sort of ban file error message.

Is there some way that I can pull this file down so I can get into it and change it?

dayz.st's control panel overwrites the hiveext.ini file every time the server restarts, so this won't work with dayz.st servers.

Does anyone know how to make the days and nights shorter like 4 or 5 hours days and 2 or 3 hour nights? i have full control of my server and host it at my house. just need to know where to make the changes. i have the full moon nights working on the server just dont like how long it lasts

Back