Arma2 or Arma2:OA?

Fxart

Hello I'm Art, I'm a new guy here. I have setup other game server WOW, Everquest and I'm familar with how a MYSQL db works so this is not unfamular territory for me but I do have a question. After running the intial setup and then have to copy the deploy folder over to the arma2 folder. My question is if you have a steam copy of combined operations ( Like I do ) and each game is in its own folder Arma, Arma2, Arma2:eek:a and the DayZ mod is in the Arma2oa folder. Wouldn't I put the files from the deploy folder in the Arma2:eek:a instead of the arma2 folder as stated in the instructions? I'm going to go ahead and follow the instructions and try it but as I have tried to work this out. It seems to me that the files from the deploy folder should go where the Dayz mod is. Arma2:eek:a is an expansion but they say its a stand alone and doesn't the orginal Arma2 and that is where the mod is not in Arma2.

Thanks for any help and as we say in philadelphia pa. Yo s'up people.

If you have the Steam version of Combined Operations, then you need to merge the folders. First, copy the contents of your ArmA2 directory, then copy the contents of your ArmA2:OA directory on top of that, choosing to overwrite any files if it asks you. Then you can start to follow the installation instructions.

I have read some where that you only need to copy the addons folder from arma 2 into OA, you definatly dont need to copy the directx or battle eye folder, nor do you need to copy the missions folder over.

Appeciate the help but to clarify, Bilbo524 you are saying make a copy of Arma2:OA then copy the Arma2 files into the orginal Arma2:OA folder then copy the 2nd Arma2:OA files back into the Arma2:OA folder and over write any files needed. Xyberviri you say just copy the Arma2 addons folder into Arma2:OA. So you both are agreeing with me that I should put the server files from the deploy folder in the ayan4m1 bliss private server download in the Arma2:OA folder because that is where the DayZ mod sits. Right?

While I'm being a noob. What is the difference between the servers. one is a server lite, one is a bliss server and the other is by PwnozOr. I have Bliss any reason I should go with another. I guess I'm beta testng the server. If my group grows to to ten or more we're just going to rent a server but then I would stil need to know how to edit the MYSQL DB stuff.

Its like 4 am here and i need to head to work in 4hrs but if you basically copy the arma folder some where then copy oa on top of that. Then the contents of deploy on top of that you should be good if you follow the directions in the private server

Yeah, I have to head out in about 30 mins but I wanted to try and get this part down because I think i have the rest of it worked out. So thanks, I think I got it now.

this is the guide i followed for my first attempt at setting up a dedi: http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/files/tutorials/dedicated/ i followed it exactly and it worked like a charm, in fact my server runs on my D:\ drive of my pc instead of the steam folder is in and works perfectly.

The part that doesn't apply to day z is that when you run the bliss build.pl script it gives you the profile folder and the @bliss_#.world folder, those are you profile and hive folders when i get home ill post a snap shot but it litterally is all on the root of the arma 2 folder.

Create a new directory somewhere, like your C: drive, name it Bliss Server or something else like that. Copy the entire contents of your ArmA2 directory (not the directory itself, just everything inside of it) to the new directory you just created. Now copy the entire contents of your ArmA2:OA directory into the same directory, and overwrite anything it asks you. The new directory is where you will copy the deploy directory to during the Bliss server install process.

Thanks, I got it up and running now. I have to still work out my firewall settings because no one can see the game server. I wasn't getting the whole make the combined operations thing but the make a new folder and then dump in all the Arma files was clear cut.

Back