Authentication timeout?

Thx for posting!

I recently found a post on an epoch forum about the bat start file needing changed depending on some conditions. I'm going to check it out when I get home.

HELZZ YES!!!!

Change your startup bat file to point to ".\arma2oaserver.exe" instead of ".\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe"

And all is good.

nah that was one of the first things I tried lol. If the start up is wrong the server will crash immediately. You'll get a session lost the moment you try and join the server. This authentication timeout starts after you're joined the server and are in game.

My problem is the exact same as you describe. 20 second or so, I get kicked. Made the above change on server and all is good.

My problem is the exact same as you describe. 20 second or so, I get kicked. Made the above change on server and all is good.
Well thats odd that your beta patch is not up to date. I installed the pwnozors server fresh as in the video and here is my startup line
Code:
start .\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\expansion;ca;@dayzeta;@hive;@lingor -name=cfgdayz -config=cfgdayz\server.cfg -cfg=cfgdayz\basic.cfg -profiles=cfgdayz
As you can see I run the beta patch server and it works fine.

And here is my beta server info
LeNxW75.png

And here is the one from the main folder
oRamDen.png

You can see they are both running 1.63 and my beta patch works perfectly. So while I don't doubt that your problem is fixed with this, it remains to wonder why it would work 'out of the box' for me.
And dangerus says it doesn't work for him.

I figured out why that works for me. Because we copy all the files from our Arma2 and Arma2oa folders to begin with and you have never updated the beta patch on your client. I have noticed that for some reason, lots of people never do that ..

I figured out why that works for me. Because we copy all the files from our Arma2 and Arma2oa folders to begin with and you have never updated the beta patch on your client. I have noticed that for some reason, lots of people never do that ..
from what I understand there is no longer a beta patch to update.. 125548 isn't beta. So when you launch the game normally it doesn't use the beta launcher. Either way when I made the chance or switched which arma2oa.exe was being used it would just instantly crash the server.

so how do you update the "beta" on your client....? Im up to date as far as dayz commander and Dayz Launcher are concerned...

Back