Base Building DayZ 1.2 Released

daimyo21

Find it on my git. I dont have much time to offer much support. Let alone finally get this released. Ill try my best to do so through git or my email at [email protected]

Videos up at bottom!

Ive been busy, revisting DayZ again this month, making some updates to base building.

7-11-2013: I am aware of 1771 large changes and am working on getting it to work properly with new features for 1.3:
1.3 future changelog:
  • Never type a code in again after building, even after restart
  • 1.7.7.1+ compatible + new install tutorial
  • Add/remove access to panels/single gates for select players
  • 2nd gate function, meaning you can build these smaller gates anywhere and operate them by looking at them, this is separate from gate panel functionality. This will benefit new buildable types and make it easier to secure storage.
  • Possibly spawn NPCs that will guard your base 24/7 and be friends with everyone you specify, able to guard your base when your offline. Dont get too excited about this last one, its a theory I havent tested at all yet, but can be easily implemented in based on what ive been working on from above.
UPDATE: 6-1-2013
Base Building 1.2.1 Changelog (check commits for exact files that were modified):
  • Object shifting after restart should be fixed (please report otherwise)
  • Camonets can now be removed by owner/code
  • Some changes to getvariable ObjectUID in player_remove.sqf , not sure if this was causing issues for anyone.
https://github.com/Daimyo21/BaseBuilding-DayZ

Base Building Full Features List:

• Ability to build 30+ Arma 2/OA Objects in DayZ and create your ultimate base with your friends
  • Buildable Recipe Menu with pictures and Information
  • Gate Panels with Keypad access to open and close gates
  • Buildable Booby Traps that blow up in 10 meter proximity, crawl to avoid!
  • Custom disarm bomb action, with chance to fail based on not having toolbox/entrench tool
  • AntiWall feature that doesnt allow players to exit out of vehicles into player made bases.
  • Custom buildable removal function with chance to lose toolbox
  • Detailed parameters allowing server owners to dictate where things can be built, if they are invincible, etc etc.
  • Integrated into DayZ code
  • Server restart compatible
  • Virtually compatible with any DayZ map.
  • Server side Update object feature to allow active player bases to stay updated for cleanup script.
Base Building - DayZ 1.2 Changelog

• Optimizations to code and functionality
  • Integration of player actions into DayZ fn_selfActions.sqf
  • New building mechanic placement
  • New Build Recipe Menu by W4rGo (with pictures and detailed info)
  • New Detailed but easy-to-change parameters allowing server owners to change individual parameters for each buildable
  • New, Buildables update in a 300 meter radius to database when keypanel is used to open gates
  • OwnerID refund/removal of buildables
  • Remove individual buildables with a code that is given when object is built (code can be given to anyone)
  • Updated and cleaned up removal functions
  • AntiWall function fixed
  • Booby traps no longer blow up static graves on the map, it is specified now to only use booby trap model
  • ActiveCombat 1.1 compatible

Known issues:
  • Buildables seem to shift on Taviana after server restart (normally its only 1 meter and happens only once)

Back