Base Building DayZ 1.2 Released

I wonder what changes Seaweeduk did on his server_monitor, because the compare function of notepad++ is not very helpfull with this one =/

I've got the Tents Inventory working now but the buildings are floating after restart :(

What's interesting is that even without any custom PBOs installed the buildings from the instance_deployable table are displaying and are floating in the air on 1.8.0.2 (DayZ.ST hosted)

After speaking with Seaweeduk it looks like the files I have are specifically for Reality (they came direct from my Host) which is strange since Reality officially ended support at 1.8. However, the files he had were geared for the official hive, direct from the DayZ forums.

My file, however different, doesn't seem to have a problem with deployables or base building items moving and or floating after restarts. I'm a little worse for wear right now so I can't go through the two to try and narrow down what part is causing it, and I know Seaweeduk hasn't had any luck with it yet either. I'll try take a look tomorrow and see if I can find out what's happening. Either that or you can try using my file and see how you get on with that?

I don't think it will cause any problems, but make a backup of your own first just in case it has other side effects that I can't predict.
Link

You will need to make the edits to it as it's a clean file, so you'll need to check the readme in my 1.8 base building fix (in my sig) and apply the tent fix for 1.8 (also in my sig). Let me know if you have any luck with it.

ok thanks for the file. I've just tested it

The Buildings are not floating anymore, but the new buildet ones dont get written to database now :(

EDIT: forget that. its working! thanks again rosska :D I've named you now in my special Thanks List :)

I think i missed a part:
I've now put Tents in the Build-Recipe. Sadly they dont save inventory =/

You should still be using my 1.8 fixes that are in my sig. The base building fix keeps the standard player_build.sqf so you can still place tents without a problem.

You also need to apply my tent fix as I said earlier. :)

You should still be using my 1.8 fixes that are in my sig. The base building fix keeps the standard player_build.sqf so you can still place tents without a problem.

You also need to apply my tent fix as I said earlier. :)

I've already got your fix in my files. If i put the Tents in the recipe-book the inventory wont get updated, but the normal tents are pretty buggy to build. Thats why i want them in Base-Building :(

Ah, I see what you mean. I'm currently working on sorting out another problem so don't have the time to sit and add tents to it and check them out. In theory they shouldn't do that though, I'm sure when I added them before they worked ok still.

PHP:
//First lets make inventory [[[],[]],[[],[]],[[],[]]] so it updates object in DB
            _inventory = [[[],[]],[[],[]],[[],[]]];
        if (_objectID == "0") then {
            _key = format["CHILD:309:%1:%2:",_uid,_inventory];
        } else {
            _key = format["CHILD:303:%1:%2:",_objectID,_inventory];
        };
        diag_log ("HIVE: Buildable: "+ str(_key));
        _key call server_hiveWrite;
    //Since we cant actually read from DB, lets make inventory this [], than write it again, to insure its updated to DB
            _inventory = [];
        if (_objectID == "0") then {
            _key = format["CHILD:309:%1:%2:",_uid,_inventory];
        } else {
            _key = format["CHILD:303:%1:%2:",_objectID,_inventory];
        };
        #ifdef OBJECT_DEBUG
        diag_log ("HIVE: Buildable: "+ str(_key));
        #endif
        _key call server_hiveWrite;
This part is propperbly why its deleting inventory in buildables, since it will always write inventory to first "[[[],[]],[[],[]],[[],[]]]" and then "[]" for some reason.

i found out about this when i tried to make ammoboxes buildable once and it just deletet inventory (also the ones i placed before installing basebuilding), but i never got time to play around with it since then ... im guessing its propperbly not needed to do inventory twice, but i dont think it would be a good idea to do inventory check on all buildables either, since that might create lags on the server ...

I've already got your fix in my files. If i put the Tents in the recipe-book the inventory wont get updated, but the normal tents are pretty buggy to build. Thats why i want them in Base-Building :(

When you say they are buggy to build, do you mean that they sometimes just randomly fail but it doesn't say why? I've noticed this issue quite a lot, it also looks like you can't place tents near each other any more which is a real pain for base storage. I'm currently trying to work out a fix and if I find a way to do it, I'll let you know. Provided that's what you meant haha.

yes rosska that is why i put them in base building. Its quite impossible to build tents now. I will try to get this fix with the inventory and hopefully i get something done :rolleyes:

EDIT: Just checked my RPT and i have this written down in it:

6:51:10 "Spawned: "112354427100360" TentStorage"
6:51:10 "SERVER: in allbuildables_class:TentStorage !"
6:51:10 "SERVER: TentStorage _isDestructable = false"
6:51:10 "Spawned: TentStorage Handle Damage False"

Maybe it has something to do with this? Because i have Ammo-Boxes on the Server too, but i spawn them via Database. The Code for them in the RPT is just:
7:38:41 "Spawned: "001" USBasicAmmunitionBox_EP1"

Oh god, i read all this comments, but i dont check it. please help me.

Run Base Building 1.2 for DayZ 1.8 an Epoch 1.0.2.3 Map Chernarus?

When anyone have files please post here!

Please and Thanks a lot

Hi Daimyo21, friends and company

i have already install the script with ur explications, all seems to be working fine,
pops up the menú, ask for the correct materials, i erase temporaly the "befilters" until i get to fix them.
and with that i also erase the "kick restrictions", the object builds, i can get the 15 code digit, but it says
to me that is failed, doesnt write in the DB, i aplied the fix in page 2, i check all the failures that
other ppl coment, but i found nothing, even the fn_selfactions of the revision of DayZ 1.8.

ive been 1 week looking like a madman between fixs and testing everything that feels that could be fit in strict relationship.
but i havent succes.

My local server:

Overwatch 0.2.4
Dinamic Helicrash (1 particle efect error)
AN_2 carepackadge
Dinamic C130
TentSleep
Bambi-Bus
Drink wells and ponds
Sarge AI
Halo new Respawn
Intro messages

i can help in everything ive had achived.

thanks in advance

(the translation might not be perfect, so please, make an effort to understand me cose im trying my best)

My files:

mission.pbo:http://www.mediafire.com/download/fq75q1uu9v0vxx8/dayz_1.chernarus.pbo
dayz_Server.pbo: http://www.mediafire.com/download/kz3l2dc8rzl51s2/dayz_server.pbo

Hi I went through all the instructions and tried to install this for Pwn0zor private hive and I'm running 1.8.0.2 - I managed to get everything installed (code etc/database) I had to add the database table myself and add the id and class_name fields into it. When I run the server though I get the "Wait For Host" but in my description.ext I don't have the code you said to remove.

Can any one help? :)

[[ EDIT ]]

Just seen the post from rosska85 now following his instructions.

One slight problem though with the "dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf"

Your instructions say to find this code "//diag_log ("DW_DEBUG " + _class + " #" + str(_ObjectID) + " pos=" + (_point call fa_coor2str) + ", damage=" + str(_damage) );"

But it does not exist in my server_monitor.sqf ?

Still got the same problem I had before "Wait For Host" - I'm using pwn0zor private hive files updated to 1.8.0.2 from dayzmod.com - Some one please help ? :)

Back