Base's Decaying at Random Times even after changing HiveExt.INI

jayhamilton96

I run my server our a dedicated machine and have change the code in my HiveExt.INI to

;CleanupPlacedAfterDays = 365

Now i have built my own base to test this when i changed the script last week. And it is still there, but I am getting reports of some base parts walls/floors disappearing at random times some 1 day after, some restart after, some a couple of days later. All these happen yet my base (im an admin) stays.

If anyone has any idea why this happens, or if i have missed a certain line of code that needs changing please let me know!

edit: My base decayed after 7 days (default time) so the code doesnt work. Any ideas?

Last edited:
I was told the exact same thing is happening by someone else so you are not alone.
Check your database and see if the lastupdated date/time is being changed when players access the base.
Since this other person also didn't know why it was happening either, my only fix for him was to run this sql code few days. He said for sure his were being deleted after 6 days and his hiveext.ini file was the same as yours with that line commented out.

update 'object_data' set 'last_updated' = Now() where 1

Thats off the top of my head so you might have to tweak it some.

This happened to my community. When you put in the recommendedupdates.sql or whatever is included with Epoch 1.0.4.2 SQL folder, it includes multiple cleanup scripts, two of which cant be found other than in that script when you are about to run it. You need to delete those three sections out of the SQL script to stop this.

I think they are SetDamage, SetDamageOnAge, and another one, will have to look later.

Back