Bases: I need a roof

Aaron J

Topic says all, I was in a server that had a nice base setup and they used some prop for a roof so you could not land a heli inside. I can't figure out how to make a roof to save my life, do I use any object and raise it off the ground or is there a specific object I can use that is already off the ground?

Any help on this would be very much appreciated!

That looks awful...

The trick is simple though. They just spawned a bunch of concrete blocks right next to each other and made the "roof" by elevating them slightly off the terrain. If I were to guess, since those blocks don't have a "bottom" in game, it's very likely that if you are inside the base, you don't see that "roof"...

You can do this yourself by going into the editor, nothing truly complicated about it.

In the 3D editor you can select them and use SHIFT + Mouse Movement up to raise them. Otherwise, you can use a SetPos command and make the height higher.

Something like this I suppose:
Code:
this SetPosASL [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, +5];

That will put the object 5 meters on the air.

Actually, I think its ALT for elevation, SHIFT for rotation. Not picking holes! Just saying :)

Bliss errors?

Care to elaborate on that? Far as I know, the worst thing could be a script restriction depending on what command you use.

Aaron would have to tell you, he is the admin, im just the editor guy. he was the one getting the errors

Are you adding the buildings through the DB? Because that could be it, not sure the DB tolerates init commands.

You could always just create your bases using hangers/buildings. Personally I think that looks aweful lol.

If you get errors, just add them directly to the mission file. Adding them via SQL to the database is certainly the easiest way. Use this website: http://dayz.wofjwof.com/map.php

For some reason, probably cos i'm an idiot....I have some stuff in the DB, and some in the mission file. I don't have issues with either. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can shed some light on the pros and cons.

Back