Battleye being a b*tch as always...

xSINIQ

Hey all,

i've added some new weapons to dayz, and they work great, its just that Battleye won't let me put them in vehicles or in my backpack..

I've tried everything so far, adding the classnames to addweaponcargo.txt and addmagazinecargo.txt didnt work..

i added "!=MP7_eot_sd_t" to the first line of these files, thats the line that starts with "5 !item !part !rnd_ !food !dz_ !melee !blueprint !equip !empty !swing !hand"

i did that because all the other useable weapons are in there too

Does anyone have some pointers for me? maybe a proper guide on how to edit the Battleye restrictions?

UPDATE: Got it working now, deleted the whole contents of the 2 files mentioned above, so not the best solution AT ALL! would still like some pointers...

we cant help you as long as you dont show us the exact kick message and your regarding logfiles and filterfiles...

Oh snap, sorry, i knew i forgot some things

kk, so here are the logs/messages i get:
in addweaponcargo.log:
Code:
31.08.2013 05:35:43: xSiNiQx (192.168.1.8:2316) 6bb3d4f3141ec2fe69a2d7cd4efd49b1 - #0 "MP7_eot_sd_t_DZ" 0:0
And its kicking me with the message:
Code:
 Player xSiNiQx got kicked: Script Restriction #0
My filterfiles for addweaponcargo.txt and addmagazinecargo.txt are currently empty, but its supposed to be the original from Pwnozor's files, THIS and THIS..

Before i emptied those 2 files, i added this to the end of the first-line of both files:
Code:
!=MP7_eot_sd_t_DZ

that resulted in the same kick messages and logs, so im kinda clueless about what to do exactly, as the extra filter exception should work, as it works for various other items/weapons as well :/

Thanks

Script Restriction #0
^^^^^^
Check your scripts.log file
Clearing your filters is never a good idea unless testing something new, on a closed server.
Are you sure you were not getting kicked by something else after adding the exception to the files mentioned? You should check publicvariableeval.txt

scripts.log didnt say anything that could've been the problem. and im absolutely sure because it were a fresh set of server files which worked before i added the weapons, and then this all started. So i just cleared the files to test it, so far i only had this problem

Send from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Before i emptied those 2 files, i added this to the end of the first-line of both files:
Code:
!=MP7_eot_sd_t_DZ

try it this way
Code:
!="MP7_eot_sd_t_DZ"
its a script restriction so it should be added in scripts.txt

Ill give it a try as soon as i get home, thanks for the help. Ill keep you up to date on this

Send from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Gagi, Thank you very much! that did the trick altough i didnt place it in Scripts.txt because i didnt see the logic behind that, i placed it in the first list of the addweaponcargo.txt and addmagazinecargo.txt, first i had !=MP7_eot_sd_t_dz, now i have !="MP7_eot_sd_t_dz" which solved the problems..

Thanks again!

*xSiNiQ throws a cookie at Gagi2!

Back