Battleye & Mission Scripting

Armedtoe

Similar to using Gcam to spectate my members, I plan on using other "tools" to prevent or repair damage done by hackers.
In doing this, I will be including pieces of various hack menus in the mission.pbo so I can then execute them without having to hack my client.
Now.
If the scripts are INSIDE OF THE MISSION, can I still be globally banned for using them?
I had to remove the battleye scripts.txt so I would not be kicked for any script restrictions, but I am still concerned about global banning.

Public anti-hacks such as those are esily bypassed by scripters. Not script-kiddies, but scripters easily get by them. I browse a hacking forums so I can add more callnames to my detection list and I see posts laughing about Gotcha every now and then

I am having exactly the same problem as you my friend. I got this kick ass script made for admins and it includes a nice anti-cheat and i cant use it cause battleye is bitching about it. My scripts.txt has 10000 exceptions and i still get kicks for code that makes no sense to give restrictions.
I dont understand how that is not possible.....ignore anything that comes out of ....blahblah.sqf. How hard can that be for battleye.
I describe my problem here : http://opendayz.net/index.php?threads/is-there-a-way-to-bypass-our-own-scripts-in-be.7752/ Keep an eye on it, someone might answer it.
But we should talk :)

Public anti-hacks such as those are esily bypassed by scripters. Not script-kiddies, but scripters easily get by them. I browse a hacking forums so I can add more callnames to my detection list and I see posts laughing about Gotcha every now and then
thats why i have Hangenders ant hack script and so far no one has been able to hack on my server

I managed to get things working.
My antihax is just run server-side so there's no need for an exeption there.
My admin tools consist of an extremely simplified hack menu that runs with a modification to Gcam.
Basically, Gcam has a built in feature that binds "o" and "p" to scripts...
So i just included another "Case:" that used the next item on the keyboard, "[".
So when I hit "[", it does 'player addAction ["Admin Tools","scripts\script.sqf"];'
Which makes the menu able to be triggered using my scroll menu.
I have, so far, had no global ban scares, so I believe battleye will not interfere.
On the other hand, I could change around all my variables and make exceptions, but I just decided to empty my scripts.txt.

Yeah the script i want to use has parts of it in it but his scripts.txt is old and gave me a headache to merge with CC bliss script file.

I managed to get things working.
My antihax is just run server-side so there's no need for an exeption there.
My admin tools consist of an extremely simplified hack menu that runs with a modification to Gcam.
Basically, Gcam has a built in feature that binds "o" and "p" to scripts...
So i just included another "Case:" that used the next item on the keyboard, "[".
So when I hit "[", it does 'player addAction ["Admin Tools","scripts\script.sqf"];'
Which makes the menu able to be triggered using my scroll menu.
I have, so far, had no global ban scares, so I believe battleye will not interfere.
On the other hand, I could change around all my variables and make exceptions, but I just decided to empty my scripts.txt.

Oh thats why BE doesnt complain...you emptied your scripts.txt :/
I got a menu showing as well on my script and BE complains of the choices it loads.

My opinion on Anti-Hack scripts:
1. Monky/Wizard Antihacks are good for the simple hackers who are running out of date or provided scripts.
2. Spectating is probably the most effective, as you can inspect behavior, the easiest giveaway.
3. SilentWarrior is nice... But it seems like just a more advanced AdminMap, as it only deals with the database.
4. Battleye is horrible. All hackers seem to be up-to-date on the detected scripts, and will easily bypass things. The only reason I keep it is because of it's Rcon and global ban capabilities.

Honestly, most hackers are just going to be discouraged by any special antihack, and will go off to another server OR will choose not to use the obvious, problematic, scripts.

On the other hand, any dedicated/smart hackers should easily be able to bypass your stuff.
The biggest servers, such as Rapedungeon, are still hackable even with their extreme security.

Using a modified version of Hangenders script and no battleye running i got 20 constant users on the server and the ban wave was about 1 per minute for a couple of hours..It got most of them but 2 were not caught. I spectated one and he was wearing a bulletproof vest. oO
Thats why i hesitate removing scripts.txt, cause this all by itself is not a solution :/

If there was a way to bypass BE for custom server running scripts without scripts.txt additions that would be awesome.

1. I think the bulletproof vest comes with the hero skin...
2. Disabling battlye is NOT a good idea.
The already globally banned individuals, or the people that want to troll but do not have a battleye bypass, will pile in.
Even though I do not have battleye's protection enabled, I want people to THINK that I do.
Also the Battleye Extended controls, community banlists, and banning capabilities are nice to have.

what about keeping some scripts.txt lines and remove the 'problematic' ones..wouldnt that give some protection ?

I've been at this 3 days in a row.....and was about to quit...i butchered my script and now i got no admin control or the admin 'goodies' to check users and stuff.....took me 3 days to tweak a scripts.txt for just the minimum :/

Yes, but that is just a pain to do...
I enjoy the customization, and with having to modify the scripts.txt when adding anomalies, dogs, kill messages, and any scripts on my personal Admin Tools, it's just easier to remove the scripts.txt altogether.
In running a rank 20 namalsk server for over a month, battleye maybe caught a total of 5 people. In the meantime, I caught over a hundred using my antihack and spectator mode.

Yeah i know what you mean....i am quite new at this (not even a week) and still i know the bare minimum...I just find it so hard to believe we cant 'exclude' our own custom scripts on the server with ease.
I think i'll try your way in the end...empty the scripts and cross my fingers :p
I'll let you know if i find anything that might help keeping scripts.txt in the end.

Back