Break legs when people talk in side chat!!

I have been on a few servers where this happens how do i add it to my server? Im running a dayzcc server and full access to all of my files. Anyone have any ideas?

I've done a few searches and can't seem to find any information on this anywhere (not just this site). I too have been on servers where when using voice in side chat channel you are booted to the lobby and your legs break. It will certainly ensure people do not do it twice.

I'm not so much looking for the leg breaking aspect of this, just the kick (from game or to lobby). An admin cannot be in game all the time, so we do not see who is using voice and it's not always possible to be swift in kicking the player. Admittedly people can often active voice in side channel by mistake, and to ensure this does not affect people for simple mistakes I would ensure to provide fair warning in the server welcome message. In all likelihood I would suggest they remap their voice activation key so it does not happen by mistake.

I would have thought someone would have information on this? Or perhaps a suggestion as to how I can better handle those using voice in side channel. And, before you say it; I could disable side channel, but I would rather not.

Aye, some form of action against side chat talking would be nice.

It doesn't have to be breaking legs, or kicking... it can be perhaps some kind of self mute, or change their push to talk key (if possible)... Anything to keep the peace between any gaps of admins not being on. Leg breaking would be a bit extreme, if anything perhaps make them cold, or starting bleeding, maybe require PKs... something not extremely intrusive to those who do it by accident once in a while but annoying enough to not want it to happen repeatedly.

Whate ever you guys can help with would be great im not a coder but i have gotten kind of good at adding them to my server with good instructions. Something needs to be done about this. i was away for the weekend at disney with my family and had about 20 people leave my server cause i could not log in and stop the actions of one little kid spaming voice over my sidechat. i dont want to get rid of the channel for side cause alot of them use the text to talk shit to each other. and it makes for intresting conversation in the server.

This is a great idea. I wonder if it could be tied to other annoying player actions as well ... to cover for Admins who need to get some sleep from time to time. Maybe make a player's temperature go down as well or some other negative effect.

I know it has been done by some out there but i just cant find any scripts for it or it posted any ware where it is talked about how to implement it. i would be fine with even making them bleed or making it seem like a hit by a zombie or something.

I run a reality hive version and in my admin control panel there is a config file for BEC that allows me to kick people when they use channel X, Y amount of times. The default setting was ten, I thought nothing of it, and when I started typing in side chat i kept getting BE messages "no talking in side chat, 9 warnings left" then "8 warnings left" until i got booted to lobby... I have the ability to set this to 0, meaning instant kick, or however many I want. Might be easier to run it like that then with a script.. my server is hosted with HBO if that helps.. I can make screenshots when I am on my home PC if you like.

the problem is that i don't host with anyone. so i don't have those built in tools. i am running the server out of my house. and set up with dayzcc. So i have to use scripts to do stuff like that.

Hmm, would you not still have access to use BEC? I will look again which file it was, but to me it looked like somethign included in the latest BEC files.

I saw a version of this where you get knocked unconscious for longer, the more often you violated the voice in side chat. Would love more information on this if anyone knows, I'm sure we're all annoyed at the flagrant voice in side when no admin is on.

Ok, so I found it, its file:
bec/config/config.cfg

and the part i edit is this:

Code:
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ChatRestriction]
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Set max amount of chat lines a player is allowed to send for each channel.
# Going passed the number will result in kick. -1 is disabled, 0 isntant kick.
# If the number is higher than 0 players will be sendt warnings.

Lobby = -1
Global = -1
Side = -1
Group = -1
Vehicle    = -1
Command    = -1
Commander = -1
Direct = -1

Isn't that just punishment for typing in side chat? I am more concerned about the actual voice in side. Thanks for the private message though daysgreywolf, I really appreciate it :)

yea i think if i reading it right that seems to be what it does but not sure. is this what changes the the voice for you? and if so why do you have all disabled?

Yes I have disabled it, I don't mind people chatting on my server, this is just info for you guys as it seems you don't want it. Now in the main server file there is an option to disable VOip, it also disables the global chat perhaps you want that instead. For me it is in the same file as where you set your server name etc...

Code reads:

// INGAME SETTINGS
disableVoN = 0; // If set to 1, Voice over Net will not be available
vonCodecQuality = 10; // Quality from 1 to 10
persistent = 1; // If 1, missions still run on even after the last player disconnected.
timeStampFormat = "short"; // Set the timestamp format used on each report line in server-side RPT file. Possible values are "none" (default),"short","full".
BattlEye = 1;

well the thing is, i just dont want VOICE over side, whereas vehicle/direct should allow voice. Also I have Dayz.st hosting, so I don't even think I have those options. I checked the config files and I can't find anything related to chat channels. I appreciate the input though.

im not too sure where the code is located but I remember reading something about how zombies attract/aggro to you if you use voice in any channel, maybe took a look at that. If no one can find it ill do some diggin for yous as this too is something I would want to a point, I was thinking of making it so it doesnt break your legs if you have a radio in your inventory or some other kind of consequence for voicing as broken legs seems a bit cruel especially if there a new player.

Back