Bus Route

yea theres an expression error in monitorbus line 34 if(count (group axBus) > 0)then{
other then that its stoping at waypoints verywell now with the timeout :) have you tried?

My bad, syntax error, just fixing it :) Just put that timeout in, nice one. During testing I remove all of the looped waypoints, it saves me chasing the bus around the map to test..

I have the bus monitor updated. I have tested it to destruction yet some guys, on my server, managed to hijack the bus and drive it around with the two AI units sitting dumbly in the back. Let me get my dayZ Street Lights released and I will get my latest monitor code on here :) Next day or two..

I have the bus monitor updated. I have tested it to destruction yet some guys, on my server, managed to hijack the bus and drive it around with the two AI units sitting dumbly in the back. Let me get my dayZ Street Lights released and I will get my latest monitor code on here :) Next day or two..
Thank you!

yer also keen to test it ,i have the bus and a suv doing a nwaf run only problem is people dont realize its a ai car and complane on restart when it goes missing but that wouldn't matter if the ai stole it back :p

yer also keen to test it ,i have the bus and a suv doing a nwaf run only problem is people dont realize its a ai car and complane on restart when it goes missing but that wouldn't matter if the ai stole it back :p
You can set AI roaming, in the right mood they will take a vehicle to get to the next objective.. survivor: Where did my stash go ? Admin: blame the A I troops :)

i read on the wiki that changing the combat mode and behavior will affect if they stick to the roads or not

I took the liberty to test your script on my localmachine, the thing is that you are able to get in the driver seat with the scroll menu. The AI happely hands over the driving wheel to players.

I'm by no means anyone capable of creating script or anything. I just use what people offer. But, I do know that if you place a Bus on the map with Map editor, then merge it with a converter and then with the PBO mission.sqm file, the bus will spawn on the map like any other vehicle. But, at each server restart, it will empty itself, refresh everything, and respawn at it's original start point. If you could do this, and the same thing with the driver, I don't think it would be bad to just leave the life of the driver at each server restart, in the hands of the players. You could also add more stops to the route. Players may see this feature as something they'd utilize and leave alive.

axeman, I have just uploaded this to my .st server, working beautifully. Driver is a bit clumsy, but hey, its a zombie apocalypse, id be a bit nervous driving through that as well. Even navigated seamlessly around a HMMWV in the middle of the road. Excellent work.

Try it out. I released the code and added some bits. No reason why it won't work. The thread did branch off with others working on it.. Haven't looked at this code for a while but is something I intend to pick up again..

Back