Call for Devs - The Walking Zed FULL mod

Do you think this will be a good mod?

• Total voters

Parabola949

Hi all, I'm looking for anyone who is interested in working on a new mod. There is much to be done, which I had been planning on doing completely myself. However, that would take a monstrous amount of time (i.e. by the time it was ready, standalone would be out, and no one would care...), so I'm asking if anyone would be willing to help in this project.

Let me be clear - there is no pay associated with this. This is not for profit in any way - donations made to the server (once live) will go towards new servers / server payments. Your name will of course go in all credits. This is not for money - this is strictly for the fun of it :) [I won't even use any donations that may be had from this]

What is needed:
Website Designer(s) - Ok, this part, I really do suck at. I've always been horrid with UI...
Map Editor(s) / Creator(s) - I could do this on my own, but it would speed up the process if someone already knows how. This will be a new map, new buildings, etc
Coders / Scripters - Never before seen code will be created for this.
Skin creation, if possible
Beta Testers - keep in mind, it will be awhile before beta testing is truly ready.

I have a server running right now with the new mod, and client side files. However, not much has been done at all (especially considering it needs a new map!)

Remember - I'm not asking anyone to "do my work for me" by any means. I am capable of doing all of this myself. However, with a full time job and 5 kids, my time is limited.

I really believe this new mod has a lot of potential to become popular - but you decide.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been battling with whether or not to tell people what this mod is.... I'm really afraid a team will take my idea and run with it. So, in a way, this post also serves as a placemark of "this was my idea" - not trying to be stingy or anything, just had enough things taken from me without any credit.
So, here's the mod:
@DayZWalkingZed
The Walking Dead fan-made DayZ Mod
Map:
Atlanta, Georgia (where else?)
Will need a decent sized city, jail, the farm, and let's not forget Woodbury.

The Teams:
Of course, Blufor = Rick and team (Needs a name)
Opfor = Woodbury (The Governor) and team
Independent = Everyone else / random survivors
Team play will work like Wasteland, no team killing unless independent.

The Players:
Character selection on new spawn - choose a character from the show, or a random survivor. Custom skins enabled of course.
Player loadout based on selected character (yes, Daryl will get a crossbow!)
Some characters will have "abilities" that come with a hindrance - example - Hershel will be able to heal, but will move slower (he's missing a freaking leg people!)

Spawning:
Still undecided. Wasteland type (spawn in cities with friendly players), spawn only at base, spawn random, etc...

Addons:
Here's where we get to have fun...
Missions - Get food for the baby, collect zombies for research, find a missing player, etc etc etc
Wait... collect zombies? Exactly! This leads to another addon - a modified Ural which you will be able to place "zombie bait" into and zombies will actually get in "ride in back".... you can take them wherever, and if you really want - drive them into the enemy base and unload!
Bases - Fences / obstructions are destructible to an extent, but can also be repaired (without a server restart)
Vehicle towing, but only with certain gathered materials (rope, towing cable of some sort)

There are a lot more ideas to go with this, and like I said - I really think this will be a fun project, and has the potential to be popular, but only if done right.

If you feel like you can contribute to this project, please, let me know.

Server is running, ready for modification. We have a teamspeak server and a website already purchased (the website looks like absolute crap though [canned template] - as I said, no good at UI, although I can code all day)

Lol one issue with your idea. You got a bunch of copyright infringement going on there. Good luck not getting sued for the mod your about to create. xD

But nonetheless would be a cool mod to mess around with. Lol

Fair enough, why I plan on changing all the names. Have full support from vilayer already.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I think this will have plenty of potential, and I would assist coding although being I am busy at school, and other commitments. I wish you luck.

Back