Can I add new merchants in Epoch at different fort?

Gramps

My name is Gramps and I am a Build-a-holic

I have some extra forts in my Epoch instance and was wondering if anyone knows where the merchant files are located? I was thinking of adding a couple other trading posts in my expansion builds?

Figure if I found the file I could just change the locations and keep everything intact :)

Thanks in advance

Gramps

Grumpyworld Epoch "not for the meek, not for the timid" 23.19.59.250:2342
Grumpyworld Chernarus 1.7.7.1 216.244.71.66:4302

I have played around with adding a custom trader, and in mission.sqf you can find how the traders are spawned...

I made a spawnpoint for a vehicle trader in prigorodki but got stuck trying to add a marker and safezone to the new trader :(

Hope this helps, because this is what I did. Go into your mission.sqm and ctrl-f to search for like, Stary or something, and you'll get a line that looks like this

{
position[]={6325.6772,304.99033,7807.7412};
a=100;
b=100;
activationBy="WEST";
repeating=1;
interruptable=1;
age="UNKNOWN";
name="zonestary";
expCond="(player distance zonestary) < 100;";
expActiv="TitleText[""Now entering trader city Stary"",""PLAIN DOWN""]; canbuild = false;";
expDesactiv="TitleText[""Now leaving trader city Stary"",""PLAIN DOWN""]; canbuild = true;";
class Effects
{

Copy that, rename "zonestary" to whatever you want and ""Now entering trader city Stary"" and the leaving one, to whatever you want players to see, and the easiest way to move the marker (without editing the worldspace coords) is to open it up in the 2d editor (guides are available on here) and select the markers tab to make them show up, and drag and drop the marker where you want it.

For safezones, I don't know what you use, but at the end of the items that are those messages, you should find something like this

{
position[]={6325.6772,304.99033,7807.7412};
a=120;
b=120;
activationBy="ANY";
repeating=1;
interruptable=1;
age="UNKNOWN";
text="Basis_South";
name="Basis_South";
expActiv="if (playerSide == WEST) then {[Basis_South] execVM ""safezone.sqf""};";
class Effects
{

Same thing, copy/paste it at the end of those sets of items, rename Basis_South to anything (Basis_castle1 for exaple) and then move that in the 2d editor also. Make sure they go to the same spot, so that the trader zone has the corresponding safezone. Enjoy. If you have any questions regarding implementing this, you can reach me on my TS at "SAS.teamspeak3.com" (no quotes)

thanks for reply and sorry took so long but didn't see this response until today.

I have a new trading city built but need to figure out how to just import traders to new stalls. Still working on it.

Gramps

Back