Cannot Place Any Buildings On Epoch

So in-game everyone knows that epoch lets you place down buildings etc.

Well for some reason you can't place any buildings, you can't rotate them at all nor build them.

So whats the problem ??

We have infistar installed and a staff member thinks its something with the debug.

HELP PLEASE !!

That's not really very descriptive. Is it failing at the space-bar place moment or do you not even get the see-through preview?

I had this same thing happen to me. In my case it was because of a custom debug I'd installed. It made it so you couldn't actually place anything. You got the preview but just couldn't finish out. Same thing with plot poles too, couldn't place them either. I'd look towards anything you've installed that has some sort of hotkey hijacking the building presets.

I hated that too because I really liked that debug....

Yep, it was for sure the debug on my problem. It was the really nice custom one that had the number of players in a radius around you, etc. Sucked not being able to use it but at the time I was on DayZ.st and you are pretty limited there. Since moving to HFB I've used Infistar and just kept it's debug.
Anyway, yes removing the debug fixed the problem. I'm quite sure it was the way the hotkey was called inside the code for it, though I did try a few things to fix it before I discarded it. Not sure if it was because of that host or my noob knowledge of Arma scripting but nothing cleared it up for me.

Yeah, it's in the settings. If you wanted to null it from the code then that's something I won't help with in respect of Chris. That code is his baby and although I make custom changes on my own server's version I would never alter or show anyone else. You ought to mail him and ask if he could point out how to remove it for you though using the settings will stop it from loading anyway.

Okay thanks man these people tho over at the Epoch Forums said this tho

You may have installed a debug monitor which calls the _handled function. That function is already used by the Epoch building system. Remove the debugmonitor or code around the _handled function and it should be ok.

Well that's a great response. Dang, may go back and rework that one I was using before and try this. Thanks for letting me know.

Nate are you running Epoch? I know that's a dumbish question but I didn't know if you were using the building system on some other server build.

If you are, then let me work this solution out. It'll be tomorrow before I can get to it but I really want to use my own debug too and it's time for me to get it done. I see what is needed now thanks to your link.

Hey guys Shoutout towards gopostal helped my community with some problems and will be adding some scripts for us soon too. Major Thanks to him

~Nate

Thank you Nate. That really helps people trust me when I need to get access to stuff like their server or DB and they don't know whether they can trust me with that access or not. I did this a long time in the Unreal community but being new here I have to rebuild my name.

If you are stuck on something: Yes, I'll help you to the best of my ability. Yes, I love to teach you how to do it yourself and I'll walk you through the steps so you can learn. And no I will not accept payment of any kind. On a personal note (not pushing an agenda) my family is conservative Christian and it's part of our outlook that you help fellow people when they need it. I say that only as a reason why I offer myself and I will not attempt to push any viewpoint on you or open any sort of discussion outside of your issue.

Hello everyone, I'm a new user, nice to meet you!
I have a server epoch of vilayer and I have a strange problem with a customization of Chernogorsk, I state that I have previously already customized with the success of the airport Balota and Krasnostav, just finished customizing chernogorks'm going to upload on the acpanel vilayer the sqf file, adding the string to the file init.sqf, restart the server and I try to login by checking the outcome, unfortunately, negative.
I do not understand why! I did everything right as airports earlier!
I hope you can help me, greetings to all!
PS sorry for the English but do not speak it well!

Back