Cars are blowing up

EmptyCan

Hello, few days ago I inslalled DayZ Epoch server but I have a little problem. If I spawn everything without key, it will blow up and kill me... how to fix that?

Last edited:
I had this issue because my server_functions was not set up properly.
Usually what happens when a car blows up after an admin spawn is the server is checking to see if a hacker spawned it. If a hacker did spawn it then kill the hacker and blow up the car.

To find this out we are going to look at you servers RPT file located in your instance folder at the root. Mine is labeled like this "instance_11_Chernarus". Look for the folder named "arma2OAserver.rpt" and open that with your favorite text editor.

Hit "CRTL + F" to find "KILLING A HACKER".

If nothing shows up, then I can't help you. However if you DO find a line where it killed you then you need to adjust your server functions located in, Dayz_epoch_Server -> addons -> dayz_server.pbo.

To do this you need a pbo Editor (Assuming you are using Windows). I recommend This one. (Bottom of the page click on PBO Manager)

Once you have this installed Right click your dayz_server.pbo, look for pbo manager in the menu, choose "extract to dayz_server\".

Open up that folder, then open up the init folder. Open server_functions in your text editor. Around line 799 you will find this chunk of code

Code:
server_checkHackers = {
    if (DZE_DYN_AntiStuck2nd > 3) then { DZE_DYN_HackerCheck = nil; DZE_DYN_AntiStuck2nd = 0; };
    if(!isNil "DZE_DYN_HackerCheck") exitWith {  DZE_DYN_AntiStuck2nd = DZE_DYN_AntiStuck2nd + 1;};
    DZE_DYN_HackerCheck = true;
    {
    if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {
            diag_log ("CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER " + (name _x) + " " + str(_x) + " IN " + (typeOf vehicle _x));
            (vehicle _x) setDamage 1;
            _x setDamage 1;
            sleep 0.25;
        };
        sleep 0.001;
    } forEach allUnits;
    DZE_DYN_HackerCheck = nil;
};

For BluePhe0nix you need to replace the code
Code:
if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {

with this

Code:
if(vehicle _x != _x && !(vehicle _x in PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor) && (isPlayer _x) && (vehicle _x getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1)  && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {

What we did is we added this line of code.
Code:
&& (vehicle _x getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1)
Basically this looks to make sure if the vehicle was NOT spawned by the variable "Sarge" (Which to my understanding is BluePheonix) then to blow up. However the reverse also applies. If it was spawned by "Sarge" then DON'T Blow up.

Hope i helped some!

Thank you man! It was in the "arma2OAserver.rpt" and it works! :) But is possible that hacker can spawn car now?

Nope, because they wouldn't be using the admin tools. This checks specifically for the use of admin tools when spawning a car. A car spawned by any other means, like hacking, would still be blown up. :)

Back