Chernarus extra vehicle spawns

eggster

How do I get more than 75 vehicles to spawn?

I have tried to use db_spawn_vehicles.pl --limit 100 (as an example) but it seems the 75 number is hard coded someplace.

Each vehicle has a certain chance of spawning each time the spawn script is ran. In theory if you ran the script enough times with the limit 89 or greater you would get all of the default vehicles spawned in.
Code:
mysql> SELECT COUNT(*) FROM world_vehicle WHERE world_id = 1;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|       89 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
If you want all the vehicles to spawn regardless of chance then you will have to manipulate the database. I haven't tested this but something like this might work:
Code:
UPDATE world_vehicle SET chance = 1.0 WHERE world_id = 1;

In addition, there is a limit to how many vehicles will actually spawn. Looking at the database table vehicle, you can see a limit_max. This is the theoretical limit of how many of these vehicle types will actually spawn. Increasing this limit should increase the amount of those vehicle types on the map.

Does the db_spawn_vehicles actually do the spawning anymore, or is that done by the server itself these days?

In addition, there is a limit to how many vehicles will actually spawn. Looking at the database table vehicle, you can see a limit_max. This is the theoretical limit of how many of these vehicle types will actually spawn. Increasing this limit should increase the amount of those vehicle types on the map.

There are only so many spawn points however. If you increase limit_max for a vehicle past the number of spawn points for that vehicle then you can get multiple vehicles spawning on top of each other.

Back