Client side alternative to adding buildings - CfgTownGenerator

Graz

After fishing around Dayz code I've found the cfgtowngenerator, which is what rocket used to fill chernarus with junk.

IMPORTANT: for map porters this is a ton of unneeded code, I'd recommend straight up removing all the chernarus & Utes town generator code. Seriously it's a few thousand objects glancing at it.

Anyway the location is Dayz ===> class CfgTownGenerator. He then uses sub class' as the towns.
A snippet from the top is:
class CfgTownGenerator {
class SouthernAirport {​
position[] = {4899.9, 2391.19};​
size = 400;​
class Object0 {​
type = "UralWreck";​
position[] = {4865.14, 2394.81, 0};​
direction = 69;​
onFire = 0.138681;​
};​

I've only just found this code and I'll be trying to decode it after I fix up a few things. Does anyone know of any guides for class CfgTownGenerator??? If not, I'll eventually update this thread with what I learn.

Basically it looks like Rocket's internal mission file. Just junk locations. I removed all of it with the stream_locationCheck = { command in the init, and redid the wrecks and barriers myself. No more objects popping into existence as people drive over them.

I do not believe this is some sort of code to randomly populate the world with items, I think it's just how he placed his objects.

Of course, I could be wrong, too. :cool:

It's client side though. Which means you don't have to push a map port with a big ass mission file that people can tinker with!

Back