Converters: .BIEDI .SQF to .SQM

drmagnumwolf

I'm having one hell of an issue. I'm trying to convert .biedi file to .sqm so I can upload to the server in a .pbo file.

I've tried this one http://armed-assault.de/downloads/converter-biedi--sqm.html But worked for a little while and then, every time I use it, it crashes. It was also the only one who could convert to the right positions/coords.

Tried http://dayz.codeit.org.ua/parser.php but doesn't save height, and having to add a "init" code like this (
Code:
this setPosATL [getposATL this select 0, getposATL this select 1, 64.80];
) for every specific object is a pain in my cute ass.

I've tried this one http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10204 and another one. But sadly, they seem to read only the first line
Code:
 _this = createVehicle ["Land_LHD_4", [0,0,0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

But the actual position and "init" is not.

Code:
_vehicle_287 = _this;
  _this setDir -0.088660061;
  _this setPos [22667.84, 24123.105, 3.8076575];
  _this setVehicleVarName "5_private_base_carrier";
  5_private_base_carrier = _this;
  _this setVehicleInit "this setPosATL [getposATL this select 0, getposASL this select 1, 48.80];";
};

And this one, which works great for buildings, but not for sea placed structures or vehicles http://dayz.wofjwof.com/map.php For example, it seems to spawn a Volha(hippie van) and a green car where I place Huey's, Little bird's and Osprey's

I seriously am begging for help, for every stuff I do and upload to the server I'm administering I spend 2 to 3 days troubleshooting.

Yeah same with Humble, i use the one from "DancZer" The only problem i have is if you convert more then 3 files at a time (Around that amount) It makes the file un-readable in the 2d Editor, so what i do is just open it, convert, close it, and repeat that until all my files have been converted.

Sorry for the delay, it was a bit difficult accessing opendayz on my end today.

Well, I sorted one of the problems in regards to the coordinates, it was @3de_conv that made the line report as [0,0,0] , but now I'm having issues with the database, if I add manually, say the height of where the aircraft carrier should spawn, like 48m. It will literally spawn 48m over the water,flying.

But if I take that out, its front will sink, and it appears it duplicates itself. I'm seriously getting tired of all this...

this works great for me: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10204 don't know why you would be getting any errors.

This has a few problems, it won't add compositions or use setpos, so the objects are allways at ground height.

Best way around this is to use setpos in the unit init, just copy the coords from the .sqf file and add it in through the 2d editor

Sorry for the delay, it was a bit difficult accessing opendayz on my end today.

Well, I sorted one of the problems in regards to the coordinates, it was @3de_conv that made the line report as [0,0,0] , but now I'm having issues with the database, if I add manually, say the height of where the aircraft carrier should spawn, like 48m. It will literally spawn 48m over the water,flying.

But if I take that out, its front will sink, and it appears it duplicates itself. I'm seriously getting tired of all this...

As for your LHD issues, it's most likely because your are attempting to place it on uneven ground. The water still has land beneath it and if you get really close to the coast you get all kinds of weird angles. There's an LHD script out there where all you need is a marker.

Setpos will also get around the funky angles, I would highly recommend using the LHD script however.

This has a few problems, it won't add compositions or use setpos, so the objects are allways at ground height.

Best way around this is to use setpos in the unit init, just copy the coords from the .sqf file and add it in through the 2d editor

As for your LHD issues, it's most likely because your are attempting to place it on uneven ground. The water still has land beneath it and if you get really close to the coast you get all kinds of weird angles. There's an LHD script out there where all you need is a marker.

Setpos will also get around the funky angles, I would highly recommend using the LHD script however.

Thank you for the reply. I ended up solving this issue by using it on the mission pbo file, because having the problem of being duplicated and half of it floating and the other submerged was a no go. The mission .pbo file is also not an ideal fix, because I can't use spawned vehicles from the database, as they will load first, as soon as they start falling a few meters, the carrier spawns making them all explode... That is, when they didn't spawn as Vans or green cars.

But the owner changed maps, and we are waiting to see what he does next. I've been using this until he changed the map, it seems it was working, as I got it to read one Huey and one Little Bird. ( http://opendayz.net/index.php?threa...ed-vehicles-to-the-db-almost.7341/#post-15554 ) .

One of the things that did sort out some of my problems was using this converter http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10120 . Since I already added the getposATL and didn't want to change it, I edited the open source file present in the zip file to write " this setPosATL [getposATL this select 0, getposATL this select 1, *height here*];" instead of "this call {_r = getpos _this; _r set [2, *height here* ]; _this setpos _r}" .. Well, until I get the will power again to delete the "init" lines I added and re-align everything on map.

I'm well aware of this, but the guy was asking why it crashed.

as for lhd's guys there is a bis function to spawn the lhd fully built and above water using a game logic, try and learn a little bit about these functions, no need for scripts and co-ordinates.

The 3de_conv.exe 3D to 2D converter v1.00.10 at http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10204 is bugged too.

For example in my .biedi file I'd often have this:

Code:
class _vehicle_50
{
objectType="vehicle";
class Arguments
{
POSITION="[4997.0576, 10094.392, -3.0517578e-005]";
TYPE="MedBox0";
INIT="clearMagazineCargo this; clearWeaponCargo this;";
PARENT="";
};
};

This gets translated in the mission.sqm to:

Code:
class Item29
{
side="EMPTY";
id=30;
position[]={4997.0576, -3.0517578e-005, 10094.392};
vehicle="MedBox0";
init="clearMagazineCargo this; clearWeaponCargo this;; this setpos [4997.0576, 10094.392, -3.0517578e-005];";
};

Note the double semicolon inserted. This breaks the mission editor!
It gets scrambled worse if the init line contains longer strings!

It also totally crashes if you've included a sound or trigger item.

Sob.....

The 3de_conv.exe 3D to 2D converter v1.00.10 at http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10204 is bugged too.

For example in my .biedi file I'd often have this:

Code:
class _vehicle_50
{
objectType="vehicle";
class Arguments
{
POSITION="[4997.0576, 10094.392, -3.0517578e-005]";
TYPE="MedBox0";
INIT="clearMagazineCargo this; clearWeaponCargo this;";
PARENT="";
};
};

This gets translated in the mission.sqm to:

Code:
class Item29
{
side="EMPTY";
id=30;
position[]={4997.0576, -3.0517578e-005, 10094.392};
vehicle="MedBox0";
init="clearMagazineCargo this; clearWeaponCargo this;; this setpos [4997.0576, 10094.392, -3.0517578e-005];";
};

Note the double semicolon inserted. This breaks the mission editor!
It gets scrambled worse if the init line contains longer strings!

It also totally crashes if you've included a sound or trigger item.

Sob.....

Did you add the .pbo file @3de_conv to your command line before executing your arma game? Well, using that will screw up the .sqf file. As most converters will use the first line and it will have [0,0,0] instead of the coords.

Try to use the one I linked in one of my other posts, the sqf2sqm using ruby. You may need to download the sdk http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/ so you can have access to ruby.exe bu6t...its worth it

Im kinda wondering vice versa of what you guys are talking about, does anyone here know a .sqm to .sqf and biedi converter? I know it exists because if you go one way, you can go the other.

Thanks drmag, I'll try the Ruby version.

I do have the @3de_conv in the Edit version of the dayz game which I launch. But my regular dayz game doesn't.
I understood the @3de_conv was only for editing. Never had [0,0,0] in the .SQM just this screw up.

Thanks drmag, I'll try the Ruby version.

I do have the @3de_conv in the Edit version of the dayz game which I launch. But my regular dayz game doesn't.
I understood the @3de_conv was only for editing. Never had [0,0,0] in the .SQM just this screw up.

If you read above, the solution to that problem was to actually disable the "@3de_conv" from executing as a mod on your arma editor. Check top right ish of your screen if "@3de_conv" doesn't show anymore.

When you do that, go to the editor, and just to be safe, add one building you can delete later on, and save it as normal. Check the .SQF file for positions

Thanks. Your reply wasn't 100% clear.
I'll test it out. :)
When you installed the 3de_conv you added one of its extensions on your arma mods folder, right? And then You added it on the command line so you could use it on the editor shortcut you have, correct?

Well, disable that, just delete the @3de_conv name from that command line. After you do that, go to the editor, open up your mission or file you are editing, and then place a building you can delete later on. This is simply to force arma to save the file and rewrite everything.

Then you can delete that building. Now grab the .sqf file that will be on your missions folder(which is in my documents) and use it on another converter. I highly suggest to use the ruby version, sqf2sqm. You simply need to drag the file to the shortcut preset inside the converter's folder and it will do all the rest.

The problem of the [0,0,0] is that the .pbo file given by the @3de_conv changes how te coordinates are written. So the other converters will have problems reading the file and converting into .sqm.

I hope this helps to clear up your doubts. And if you have further questions, just ask. I had the same problem and it solved by not using/deleting @3de_conv on my editor.

Im kinda wondering vice versa of what you guys are talking about, does anyone here know a .sqm to .sqf and biedi converter? I know it exists because if you go one way, you can go the other.
I forgot to reply to you heh! Sorry!

I haven't used one, so I don't know if t works, but there is one in armaholic that does that. Just type .sqm on the search link and it should list all the files that has that tag.

I'm going to link you the file as soon as I get on my pc, this iPod gets on my nerves(first and last time I buy anything from apple)

Back