CPC nametags not working on my server???

ok actually this is working now. It just suddenly started working. Players were reporting it was working although I still couldn't see anything and then finally it worked for me as well. Weird. We'll see how it goes after a couple restarts.

You need to look directly at the target and they have to be within 5m, you can change that value. It also doesn't work third person tilting the camera, it always goes off your central aim / cursor area and it won't work through solid objects :)

Yea i know all that, thats what made it so appealing. It just oddly wasnt working at first. Working great now. Question though. Is it important to leave in the ////cpcnametags part pn the init.sqf? I took that out... what does it do?

Its a comment and by that, it describes something around it. the usual way to do it, is to have a comment above all new scripts so you know what does what.

//CPC NameTags
exec script here
// Smurf script
exec script here
// ect
exec ect here

Its purely for commentary and for anyone that looks at your mission file they know where it was from and who to goto for help.

No idea why it wasnt working at first, that is a little odd. Its always worked for me on my server, perhaps just a typical arma bug :)

Back