Crash Site: Map Marker/Mission Notification

BootCamp

I've spent hours trying to figure this out, but my skill level isn't high enough to figure it out.

There are addons that do what I'm trying to accomplish like DZAI. I just don't want all the features included in DZAI. I want a map marker to show up on the map when an animated crash takes place. I would also like a notification to show up for players as well. That's all. I don't want the AI missions included in the DZAI mod. I just don't know how to do it.

I'm running:
Epoch Server
Animated Crash Sites

I've spent hours trying to figure this out, but my skill level isn't high enough to figure it out.

There are addons that do what I'm trying to accomplish like DZAI. I just don't want all the features included in DZAI. I want a map marker to show up on the map when an animated crash takes place. I would also like a notification to show up for players as well. That's all. I don't want the AI missions included in the DZAI mod. I just don't know how to do it.

I'm running:
Epoch Server
Animated Crash Sites
I've only just started working with markers but I'll take a look
At it and the message to.

I've only just started working with markers but I'll take a look
At it and the message to.

Any help is appreeciated FallingSheep. I was really looking into the support forums for Animated Heli Crash mod, but couldn't find anything with anyone wanting to do this.

try this out ive been waiting for acrash to happen :p cant hurt to try this though

open crash_spawner.sqf (the same file you replace for animated crashes)
find this line
Code:
deletevehicle _landingzone;
add this under it
Code:
    //Options
     HeliCrashMSG = true; //show message to players
     HeliCrashMarker = true; //show crash locations with markers

if ( HeliCrashMarker ) then{  
     //create marker at crash site
     _crashmarker = createMarker ["heliCrashsite",_pos]; // create marker
     _crashmarker setMarkerShape "ELLIPSE"; //set marker shape
     _crashmarker setMarkerBrush "GRID"
     _crashmarker setMarkerType "Vehicle"; //set marker type
     _crashmarker setMarkerText "Crashsite"; //set marker text
     _crashmarker setMarkerColor "ColorRed";
     };
     //message players
     if ( HeliCrashMSG ) then{
       //if markers and message are on
       cutText["A Helicopter has crashed! check your map for location!", "PLAIN DOWN"];
       };
     }else{
       //if messages only on
         cutText["A Helicopter has crashed! Go search for it!", "PLAIN DOWN"];
       };
     };

the only issue is the marker is not deleted when the wreck is, im looking into that :p

I was finally able to catch the error log for this on my server.

"
3:30:00 "RUNNING EVENT: crash_spawner on [2014,6,3,8,30]"
3:30:00 Error in expression <E";
_crashmarker setMarkerType "Vehicle";
_>
3:30:00 Error position: <_crashmarker setMarkerType "Vehicle";
_>
3:30:00 Error Missing ;
3:30:00 File z\addons\dayz_server\modules\crash_spawner.sqf, line 235
3:30:00 Error in expression <E";
_crashmarker setMarkerType "Vehicle";
_>
3:30:00 Error position: <_crashmarker setMarkerType "Vehicle";
_>
3:30:00 Error Missing ;
3:30:00 File z\addons\dayz_server\modules\crash_spawner.sqf, line 235
3:30:00 "CRASHSPAWNER: 100% chance to start a crashing Ural with loot table 'Military'""

I may have found the issue - a missing ; after " _crashmarker setMarkerBrush "GRID""

Fixed

New output

4:00:03 "RUNNING EVENT: crash_spawner on [2014,6,3,9,0]"
4:00:03 "CRASHSPAWNER: 100% chance to start a crashing MV-22 with loot table 'MilitarySpecial'"
4:00:03 "CRASHSPAWNER: MV-22 started

g from [15098,8144,300] to [7941.29,1468.34] NOW!(TIME:772||LT:MilitarySpecial)"
4:00:42 "TIME SYNC: Local Time set to [2013,8,3,9,0]"
4:03:48 "CRASHSPAWNER: MV-22 just exploded at [8241.19,1375.84,6.77697]!, "
4:03:48 "CRASHSPAWNER: Loot spawn at '[8244.12,1378.57,0]' with loot table 'MilitarySpecial'"
4:03:48 "CRASHSPAWNER: Loot spawn at '[8239.37,1369.73,0]' with loot table 'MilitarySpecial'"
4:03:48 "CRASHSPAWNER: Loot spawn at '[8239.74,1385.65,0]' with loot table 'MilitarySpecial'"
4:03:48 "CRASHSPAWNER: Loot spawn at '[8230.66,1379.6,0]' with loot table 'MilitarySpecial'"
4:03:48 "CRASHSPAWNER: Loot spawn at '[8231.47,1376.04,0]' with loot table 'MilitarySpecial'"
4:03:48 "CRASHSPAWNER: Loot spawn at '[8249.54,1376.5,0]' with loot table 'MilitarySpecial'"
4:03:48 "CRASHSPAWNER: Loot spawn at '[8238.65,1379.58,0]' with loot table 'MilitarySpecial'"
4:03:48 "CRASHSPAWNER: Loot spawn at '[8235.49,1382.12,0]' with loot table 'MilitarySpecial'"
4:03:48 "CRASHSPAWNER: Loot spawn at '[8238.41,1365.23,0]' with loot table 'MilitarySpecial'"
4:03:48 "CRASHSPAWNER: Loot spawn at '[8235.74,1374.57,0]' with loot table 'MilitarySpecial'"
4:03:48 "CRASHSPAWNER: Crash completed! Wreck at: [8241.19,1375.96,-0.0260429] - Runtime: 226 Seconds || Distance from calculated POC: 314 meters"
4:05:42 "TIME SYNC: Local Time set to [2013,8,3,9,5]"​

Last edited:
Ive watched this for a few hours now and it doesn't seem to kick in at all. I must be missing a line somewhere? I just dont know.

Ive watched this for a few hours now and it doesn't seem to kick in at all. I must be missing a line somewhere? I just dont know.
Yer didn't seem to work, trying diff methods, will update if anything comes from it.

Also I changed crashspawn to 1 a min (talk about lag!) They crash but no marker... Very frustrating.

Idea! I see the log records the loot spawn, maybe add marker to same code that spawns loot.... Thinking out loud.
It should look something like this (using your code, just tweaked it a little bit and added how to delete the marker)
Code:
    //Options

_crashmarker setMarkerBrush "GRID";
        //message players
        if (HeliCrashMSG && HeliCrashMarker) then{
                cutText["A Helicopter has crashed! check your map for location!", "PLAIN DOWN"];
        }else{
        //if messages only on
            };
        };
    };

// add this to wherever you want to delete the marker
    deleteMarker _crashMarker;

Hahaa, I tried that same thing after a few hours. Increased the spawn so that I could catch it more easily :)

This is one of those things that I now wish I studied in school. Reading all the code it seems like the process should be very simple. I just don't get it ;)

Couldn't we add another [] execVM with a custom_markers.sqf and put that code in there? Do I sound like I'm on the right path hahaa?

It should look something like this (using your code, just tweaked it a little bit and added how to delete the marker)
Code:
    //Options

_crashmarker setMarkerBrush "GRID";
        //message players
        if (HeliCrashMSG && HeliCrashMarker) then{
        }else{
        //if messages only on
            };
        };
    };

// add this to wherever you want to delete the marker
    deleteMarker _crashMarker;

Thanks for reviewing and helping Matt. Where would you recommend that I put that code? Just at the end of the crash_spawner?

Thanks for reviewing and helping Matt. Where would you recommend that I put that code? Just at the end of the crash_spawner?
put the options at the very top of the file, then the markers can go wherever. Add the delete marker portion to wherever it deletes the wreck.

Back