Crashing Arma2; rMod 2.1 & Sarge AI

Cur

Note: This does NOT happen with standard DayZ skins, and standard DayZ unbanned weapons, it works fine, will last a long time! I've thoroughly tested this with 1.7.7. I repeat. It works great!

This started off with a basic stock DayZ.ST .pbo, Chern map, 1.7.7 with no other scripts running.

Just thought I'd get that out of the way before the people start saying "It works fine omg blah blah". I test stuff for a living (as an EE at www.analog.com) so I'm pretty good at finding out what's going on.

The reason I'm posting this is that I'm currently tracking down a bug that will crash Arma 2 while attempting to get close / loot a killed AI.

What I've been able to determine is that certain load outs (guns and maybe items) and/or skins combo's will cause Arma 2 to crash. I'm pretty sure it's limited to guns, but not 100% sure as I put some ammo for whatever gun the bandit is carrying, as a chance loot on the body too.

We finally got rMod 2.1 up and running over the weekend and I started changing skins and loadouts for the bandits (as I turn off most of the soldiers/survivors) and people started crashing to desktop. I don't know / couldn't find out how to read the mdmp file.

I didn't get a lot of debug testing time in because I hate to bounce the server up and down while people are playing. I'm hoping to do it some more this week.

Right now I've got the AI in standard DayZ skins, and slowly adding in the myriad of rMod 2.1 weapons. I'm not sure if it's the amount of weapons (I had a pretty big list, maybe 30) or a certain one, so currently I'm just adding one per reboot. Right now they are perfectly fine and lootable.

My next steps are basically going to continue adding guns (from the big list, that I have saved) and if no crashes, then skins. Sadly it might take me a while to do this, but I want to understand it, even if it helps out one more person.

Just wanted to start a thread for people who are seeing this issue so we can start a discussion and maybe find an answer. And of course all theories, opinions, and thoughts are welcome.

Thanks!

Whats the message in your rpt that is shown before the Arma2 crash / write of the memory dump?

Might be able to track that one down together .-)

Sarge

Hiyas,
I have been running rmod 2.1 for a bit now and i have experienced similar issues. Dont think its "tools" related i noticed issues comin up when i started using the skins. Havent explored it any further tho i have just been using stock dayz ones tho i remember some of the skins didnt have issues. I run dayz 1.7.5.1, rmod 2.1, bb1.2.x, lingor 1.3.
Still havin a hoot, Blut

Interested to see the report on this issue. I will be installing RMod 2.1 and other pbo's for there skins (Stalker, Alienz, etc...) coming up pretty soon and would not like to see crashes such as this. What I can tell you of my experience though is that on my home lan server I haven't been seeing any issue with load outs and skins on the AI, but this is without using DayZ sence I'm not caring about the zeds during testing. Is this problem onl accuring on 1.7.7.? or are you experiencing this on older builds aswell?

I'm running Epoch Lingor 1.0.1.1 and have come across this crashing issue eratically. When I had various skins assigned to bandits, crashes would be more frequent but still erratic (crashes one player standing next to the dead bandit, but not another). I've since removed all bandit skins except for the default skins and have not had a crash since.

I did check the server log but couldn't make out anything that would point out an obvious error. Would need to test it more.

Back