Custom AI models/script

Total

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with how to model an AI, script it to basically fortify an area, stalk a player when (s)he comes close, possibly even teleport around, not attack for a certain amount of time and then when the player leaves the area it watches at the edge of said area, then teleport back the the start position waiting for another player.

I know this is a lot to ask for, even if someone could start me off I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

You can set SargeAI to use static patrols, to follow or flank, fortify and defend, and patrol. We used this to put about 60 units in the nuclear power plant on the small island on Tavi and it worked quite well. You might check WAI for examples of having AI man stationary weapons, vehicle or heli patrols etc.

I appreciate your help, but its not exactly what I'm looking for. I have Sarge on my server. What I'm looking for is a single unit, that I can put a custom skin on and have it set to a certain area. So for example, an AI with say the Jason skin from doctor dentist, with a chainsaw in the woods. Or a girl that patrols black lake but doesn't attack players. That kind of stuff.

I think you can adapt the add_unit_server.sqf script that is part of the AIMission system by Axeman edited by TheSzerdi to do this. It allows you to specify the skin and loadout of each NPC. By setting the faction of the NPC to the same side as the player the NPC should not attack players and could 'patrol' over the radius and number of waypoints specified when you spawn them in. This can be a static spawn that patrols an area. The link to the post in these forums is below.
http://opendayz.net/threads/release-dayzchernarus-mission-system.12169/
I hope this is helpful and gives you a starting point for what you want to add to your server.

I should also ask if anyone knows how to customize the AI skin? By that I mean, either modeling it myself and adding it in, or getting a premade skin from someone like doctor dentist.

A base version of those skins exists in DayZ already I believe. In Epoch 1.0.3.1 the list of skins (partial at least) appears in Variables.sqf on around line 17. The doctor(s) skin is: "pz_doctor", with villager skins being : "pz_villager1","pz_villager2","pz_villager3".

Back