CUSTOM LOAD SCREEN TROUBLE

wags

Hello all...hopefully this is not a redundant post, I have used search to try to find a similar thread before creating this post, and I couldn't come up with anything, so here goes.

I have created a Custom Load screen for our server which is hosted by Dayz.st and we are running the Namalsk map. Our mission file is not that large, like 449 kb roughly...it was over 1100kb but I edited the jpg picture im using for the load screen and shrunk it down to the current level. We are running a custom debug and auto ruefuel script. No extra buildings and "normal amount" of vehicle spawns. My problem is this:

After loading into game from a fresh server restart it seems to "hang" at the loading screen for awhile before you get the message "creating character...etc..etc" If you would happen to die, go into the lobby then back in the game, it loads in a flash. I can't figure out what's holding it up. I tried checking the box in dayz commander to auto close commander after logging into the server and while it seemed to help a little, no drastic improvements have been made.

also if I edit our pbo then re-up it to the server and then log on, of course it re-downloads the the mission file, which is done quickly because of the 449kb size but then when the "white progress bar" at the bottom of the screen reaches the end, it just hangs there for awhile before creating the character and going into game.

We have hosted with Vilayer and HFB in the past, and I don't really recall such a slow load time into game, but I really didn't pay that close attention because it seemed to load at "normal" speed

I have tried switching the loadscreen call command closed to the front of the code, and that didn't work, so I put it back where it originally was. ANY HELP is greatly appreciated!!!!

Well I am currently using 2048x1024 and jpg formats. It was created in photoshop and I watched the video. There isn't anything in it that I'm not currently doing...:( thanks for your reply though!...any other ideas, or is it just the Dayz.st server, mind you I am the ONLY one on the server! we have it locked until we are ready to go live with it. So it can't be because of to many people

i have a load screen and it runs fine on dayz.st and i have a lot of stuff added the first time you log in is because its loading the info for that player that is why it loads fast the second time as its already loaded that person after server restart

Timmy...I understand that perfectly, as it works the same way on our server. But even if have went into game multiple times and finally disconnect and log out then re-open commander and load in again..it takes forever...its like its froze while its thinking of what to load next

ok well maybe it's just normal then...dayznexstasy is checking it out for me..thanks for your input..that's what makes this such a great site and forum is all the fast responses and helpful people! :)

what colour settings you got it on as i had it on same as the video and it was all messed up changed it to the rgb and that helped and made it smaller in size

good question about the color settings..not sure..our other admin designed the loadscreen...I used an online program to shrink the jpg without any noticeable loss in quality...with our mods including the loadscreen our mission file is only like 499 kb big...it was like 1190kb roughly

Are you talking about changing that in photoshop? Because I know it's currently using like the highest true color setting possible

If you are the first to join the server since a restart the server has to load the mission serverside. Normally, on standard Chernarus, it sits at 35% until the hive starts, then the progress bar moves again. I sit through a lot of these as test server requires a restart to update code..

Ok great man..I don't have photoshop but my other admin does..Ill have him fix it! I can't THANK YOU GUYS ENOUGH for all of your patience and effort

Ok thanks axe man for the input..I've noticed though even after a restart then joining in playing for awhile then disconnecting and re logging back in it still seems to act as if the server just restarted load screen waiting that is ill connect hit ok my load screen will come up for like 5 seconds then in will flash back to the lobby and say waiting for host for awhile then flash back to my load screen the white bar will progress until the end then wait some more for character create and then get into game..any thoughts axe man?

Back