Custom Loading Screen "wait for host" problem

Bradley_Whelan

So I edited all the correct stuff, replaced the line Loading = "blah blah blah\ca\dayz.paa" with the correct
" loadScreen = "OHKserverloading.jpg"; "
then I put it back into a folder with the image OHKserverloading.jpg and packed it into a PBO just like the original DayZ_Mission.pbo then uploaded it to the server and restarted

but it just gives me a "Wait for host" with a black background whenever I try to join, same for other people trying to join

there's a ping reading on the server and it acts like it's up and working but no one can join

the .jpg image is 1024x512 and it's about 210kb so it's the correct size.

Yes that's the correct file, just checking as i've seen some people editing the init.sqf as it has a loading screen mentioned.

Try using all lowercase ohkserverloading.jpg instead of OHKserverloading.jpg
Remember to change the image name to lowercase as well

Should work :)

ok that worked perfectly, I also made the loadscreen on the top line, not sure if that made a difference but yeah, it worked :D

Glad i could help :)
It must be that uppercase is not supported, all lowercase works at least and as far as i know it has to be the first line on the description.ext file.

Having the same issue but i did everything correct. all lowercase and everything

it is jpg and its 1080X1920 so it should work

here is my file to look at

Attachments

• description.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 9
got it to work! for some reason i would get stuck at waiting for host when i added the first line so i just replace that one and its fine now

guys.... how hard can it be to replace one fucking single line?
no need to put this on the first line either... who told you that crap?

guys.... how hard can it be to replace one fucking single line?
no need to put this on the first line either... who told you that crap?
Hey bud, I replaced the line and follow every instruction down to the damn pixel on my screen. Please be my guest and explain.

then please show me your description.ext file...
I was correct bud. The text that you replace with loadScreen=blabla was wrong..
You need to put a space between loadScreen and the = sign and what goes after it, which no tutorial said.
ex: loadScreen = kljdfljdl;kj

I think that's wrong too with the 2 spaces.

This is mine:
loadScreen ="loadscreen.jpg";

1 space before the =. I followed the video above and worked on the 1st x.

Back