Custom loadout via the instance deployable table???

DangerRuss

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
So my server provider (Vilayer) offers a quick and easy custom loadout changer with drop downs and all... the one problem is you're extremely limited with what they offer in this drop down. So I asked them, where does this custom loadout tool write to because I would like to change it, and they told me to the instance deployable table. So I opened up my server with HeidiSQL, took a look at the instance deployable table, and none of it seems to make any sense to me. I guess I don't know how this would look but I had assumed somewhere there would be a nice line of code describing the current loadout... I don't see this.. the table might as well be in a foreign language. Can anyone help me out with this? I only want to change the gun and the ammo, the rest can stay the same. Thanks...

That makes no sense at all, the "instance_deployable" table is for tents, sandbags, etc. Perhaps they mean the "instance" table... When in doubt rent a dedicated machine :)

to be perfectly honest I don't know what you mean about dedicated haha

This is under the Items category in my instance_deployable... I see nothing about tents or tank traps on this table whatsoever.. My instance table is essentially blank, it just has the patrol pack listed under items listed next to everything...
Code:
[[["M9SD","M4A1_HWS_GL_camo","Binocular_Vector"],[2,1,1]],[["ItemBandage","Skin_Camo1_DZ"],[6,1]],[[],[]]]

to be perfectly honest I don't know what you mean about dedicated haha

http://www.vilayer.com/dedicated-servers.html

This is under the Items category in my instance_deployable... I see nothing about tents or tank traps on this table whatsoever.. My instance table is essentially blank, it just has the patrol pack listed under items listed next to everything...
Code:
[[["M9SD","M4A1_HWS_GL_camo","Binocular_Vector"],[2,1,1]],[["ItemBandage","Skin_Camo1_DZ"],[6,1]],[[],[]]]

This is a line that i took out of my instance_deployable table:
Code:
29    1345761207650360    1    3360    1    [359.966,[13457.6,12076.5,0.001]]    [[["M4A3_CCO_EP1","MeleeMachete","Mk_48_DZ"],[1,1,1]],[["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","PartWheel","100Rnd_762x51_M240"],[1,4,1]],[["DZ_ALICE_Pack_EP1"],[1]]]    2013-09-23 09:29:27    2013-09-23 09:11:22    []    0    0

The 3rd value here ( 1 ) marks the deployable_id which corresponds to the deployable table. In the deployable table 1 = TentStorage.

well crap... I guess Im at a loss here. I am using Vilayer... so perhaps you know where their drop down custom load out tool on the control panel writes too? Where is this information stored? My custom loadout and custom loadout profiles are both empty in my database..

Just to clarify, how is a regular gaming server from Vilayer different than their dedicated servers, besides more money than I can afford... Are the regular gaming servers using a player host system? And what would the advantage of a dedicated server in this situation be? Honest questions here, this stuff is new to me.

Basically,

If you rent a game server from anyone online, you get limited access to modify files, etc. Because if you break something, the host usually has to fix it. This would cost the host more money for IT/Tech Support, meaning you would end up paying more per month for the same service.

If you rent a dedicated server you would log-in to the server with remote desktop connection. You would see a windows server 2008(most likely) desktop environment, where you can open a browser and download the game server you would like to host, and install it. This method is preferred by people which require more customization and less limitations. Also keep in mind, that most dedicated server packages you will find online will be able to host more than 1 server. Meaning you can host a Teamspeak server, DayZ server, Counter-Strike server, etc all at the same time(if system resources of your package can handle it).

The gaming community which I am a part of has been renting a dedicated server from Vilayer.com since this time last year. In this time we had only one outage, which lasted about 18 hours. No other down-times, no other issues whats so ever.. Maybe more expensive each month, but the benefits of renting a dedicated server are countless.

sounds really cool. unfortunately Im a solo admin and can barely afford what I got. oh well. Back to the drawing board

Back